Captain
# 11
04-26-2013, 09:41 PM
Seconds, its a disconnect so you cease to exist.

Only thing that can take forever is map moving because you ARE connected and exist as far the game knows and are in transit, that can take a while when server is filled and busy but will how your status bar but not you because you dont exist in the map yet.
Former Star Trek Online Player

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 04-26-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Captain
# 12
04-27-2013, 10:02 AM
Disconnects/crash send a flyby that the teammate has left the match.
An AFKer is an afker is an afker.
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard

Fear the KDF!
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-27-2013, 03:42 PM
There should be minimum requirements for open teaming (PUGs) for Elites. If you want to experiment with using Mirandas or shuttles to clear Infected Elite, make a private instance please. I know fleets who do this -- it took them an hour+ and it was pretty much a thought experiment, but they ran a private instance and didn't inconvenience others.
"Susse-thrai" had been the name bestowed upon her, half in anger, half in affection, by her old crew on Bloodwing; the keen-nosed, cranky, wily old she-beast, never less dangerous than when you thought her defenseless, and always growing new teeth far back in her throat to replace the old ones broken in biting out the last foe's heart.
Romulans: left one homeworld, lost another, third time's the charm?
Career Officer
# 14 A way to tell
04-28-2013, 09:35 AM
Normally its kinda obvious when a afker is on, usually by the ship there in. Some will move away to a safe distance to avoid being hit, some just sit there. Talking to them fails as they just ignore you and have there private messaging off.

One way to tell and this is a theory is to right click on them and select info, if it comes up quick with full details then that tells me that their connection is fine, if it struggles to bring the info then maybe they are having problems....maybe. I think the main point is it doesn't matter whether you can tell or not, rather they should be some system to prevent this or at least discourage them.

If am with my fleet members if we have a afker or two on game, we take a vote to stop what we are doing, allow the game time to pass so we don't get a ban and then leave. This puts out the afker, although they will join another and do it again to others. I do this because i refuse to play and fight hard just so some douche bag can get free rides and use my time. My fleet has a zero tolerance on afkers. Sometimes four of us will fleet or stf in hope of finding an afker just to troll them and to finish off, we on purpose all four of us will leave, yes we get a ban, but we was logging out anyway, and that douche bag cant take on a whole stf by themselves in a T1 ship and they also get a ban. Its not much but our fleet have convinced other fleets to join in. At least some of us are trying some small revenge. lol lol
Captain
# 15
04-28-2013, 09:53 AM
There are so many offenders though, and new ones created everyday.
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard

Fear the KDF!
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
04-28-2013, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1tigglet View Post
Can we get some action on these people please? At least allow some penalty for being reported with a screenshot because this is just wrong on so many levels now.
A screenshot isn't enough, it's just a static image.
VIDEO, though...
NO to ARC...Make It VOLUNTARY

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
Career Officer
# 17
04-28-2013, 09:05 PM
Yesterday, I was in an STF where two people were sitting afk...

It wasn't the first time either.

Colony stf is HORRIBLE, half of every time I run it there's someone afk.

We need 24h BANS from pve and pvp queues for afk players.
Career Officer
# 18
04-29-2013, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guilli88 View Post
Yesterday, I was in an STF where two people were sitting afk...

It wasn't the first time either.
Join an active fleet, make friends and team with people you know and you'll never have problems with people going AFK again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarskx View Post
The cost of actually commissioning an artisan to make a real physical model of my starship using 1 pound of 14k gold will probably cost less than creating a "gold ship" in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-29-2013, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
Join an active fleet, make friends and team with people you know and you'll never have problems with people going AFK again.
Too bad that doesn't fix the issue being discussed.
Career Officer
# 20
04-29-2013, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwisdom View Post
Too bad that doesn't fix the issue being discussed.
Sure it does. But it requires some minimal effort on your part, so I can see how some are just too lazy to do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarskx View Post
The cost of actually commissioning an artisan to make a real physical model of my starship using 1 pound of 14k gold will probably cost less than creating a "gold ship" in STO.