Career Officer
# 691 Doff pack concern!
04-28-2013, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexvio1 View Post
As was stated earlier in this thread: DOFF mini-pack and various titles will not appear in the C-Store as separate items.
Darn you Cryptic!
That's one of the 3 items I want to buy seperately!

I'm not rolling a Romulan faction character until the playable race I want is released (if it is released that is!).

So, considering I'm not playing the faction, I chose not to buy the legacy packs until I actually need them (when the character is created).

Then someone told me the items will be available to purchase seperately.

And I thought, now that's more cost efficient, just buy the 3 items I want and ignore the rest.

But it looks like if I want that doff pack, I'm going to have to buy the 120 dollar Legacy pack.
Thanks for that Cryptic.
Captain
# 692
04-29-2013, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
But it looks like if I want that doff pack, I'm going to have to buy the 120 dollar Legacy pack.
Thanks for that Cryptic.
If you're spending $120.00 just for 4 Doffs, whose stats you don't even know, then more's the sucker you.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 693
04-29-2013, 05:55 AM
It's highly likely they'll be something special.

I mean, to restrict it's availability like that and then give you something utterly useless is going to tick off a lot of your customers!

And no, I'm not stupid enough to pay 120 dollars for just doffs!
Rihannsu
# 694
04-29-2013, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
If you're spending $120.00 just for 4 Doffs, whose stats you don't even know, then more's the sucker you.
I'm only buying it for the titles to be frank. I guess I must be the heir to the kingdom of fools in your book.

Shoot everyone in my fleet as well as about another two dozen other people I know are buying it and not one of us thinks it is worth the money - sad really when one considers the big discount assuming of course that you dont think the current pricing policy for the store is not needlessly high in the first place, which none of us do in fact but I digress.... The only reason we are all getting it is because we are showing support for the development of the Romulan faction and hope the extra couple thousand in revenue will go a long way when added to other purchases to promoting the development of more content for Romulans.

Now if Cryptic added Fleet Mods or extra bank, ship, BO slots or other useful things it would be amazingly better then what is being offered with the keys. It is interesting that the discount rate is equal to the keys - yes?

On a side note, The Romulan side of me assumes there is a business financing aspect the public is not aware of with the inclusion of the keys to get the price over $100 without really giving any thing in return for the money to be frank but what do I know of PWE internal operations - and I digress again....

Join the preeminent Romulan community now!

Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan
(member #124)

Last edited by aspartan1; 04-29-2013 at 06:39 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 695
04-29-2013, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Celebrate the upcoming Legacy of Romulus expansion by pre-ordering a Legacy Pack today! This pack contains valuable items to aid you in your journey of rebuilding the Romulan legacy.

Click here to learn more about the Legacy Pack.

Our Legacy Pack FAQ can be found here.

Watch the new Legacy Pack spotlight video here.
darn only thing i want from this is doffs.

i hope they will be in cstore at some point
Commander
# 696
04-29-2013, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
It's highly likely they'll be something special.

I mean, to restrict it's availability like that and then give you something utterly useless is going to tick off a lot of your customers!

And no, I'm not stupid enough to pay 120 dollars for just doffs!
Correct my if I'm wrong but I thought everything but the titles would be available in the Z-store with the start of season 8? You will get those doffs a lot cheaper if you just buy them then.
Empire Veteran
# 697
04-29-2013, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szim View Post
Correct my if I'm wrong but I thought everything but the titles would be available in the Z-store with the start of season 8? You will get those doffs a lot cheaper if you just buy them then.
From http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...51&postcount=7 :

Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
The Legacy Pack is a pre-order bundle of C-Store items that is being offered at a big discount prior to the launch. ALl the items (except for the titles and reman doffs) will be available individually as c-store purchases after the expansion launches...
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Empire Veteran
Hello

Will the disscounted version and all pre order bonuses such as duty officer pack and titles and nemesis costume be on steam ?

Currently the Paypal and Skrill options you have now DO not accept my credit cards or Debit cards.

tried buying the Legacy Pack 120 euro but it was declined.
Paypal and Skrill is the ****tiest companys in the world.

Will it be on steam in its disscounted and pre order bonuses state on steam ?
or i will be unable to buy it with the pre order bonuses couse of the bad payment options you guys choose....
If only they fix Cloaking bugg *new message BOOM decloacked.
Survivor of Romulus
# 699
04-29-2013, 08:39 AM
I want four of the ships (both light warbirds the big D and the rather flash Mogai varient)
The title "survivor of Romulus"
And the Playable remans

So IF I can complete the romulan rep by then I can get away with the smaller pack and buy the other two ships direct when i need them
Captain
# 700
04-29-2013, 08:47 AM
I asked for that on steam ....I asked for subs on steam ,I asked for accolades/achievements like in CO on steam...I dont think they care
Closed Thread