Starfleet Veteran
# 11
04-29-2013, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
ive never been more helpless then that time 2 of those fields overlaped me at once. they stack
Damn that 29th century OP tech! Our guns and knives should get a buff!

:p
Lieutenant
# 12
04-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timejumpers View Post
Very strange the tooltip says -5 seconds i was just talking to a guy in a match i was in and he said it reduces all abilities captain, consoles, boff alot more then 5 seconds.

Can anyone verify that and is it supposed to reduce all abilities and does anyone know by how much exactly?
You are correct. It affects everything. My previous statement was incorrect, apparently I just didn't notice it affects SNB because you don't see a change from 2m -> 1m. The tooltip is slightly wrong, it meant to say -5 sec per tic (of 5 sec) so it takes a maximum of 25 seconds off every ability and weapon cooldown.
24 Hours a day, 365 days a week.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-29-2013, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orondis View Post
A few points:-

3) - While it doesn't remove buffs, inversion is pretty much an AOE SNB/chroniton-torp that can be used by any career. No chance to miss, no chance to resist and no chance to counter. It has no balance to it what so ever.
There are very few counters to TIF; VM, PSW, TBR and target aux subsys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex:
[*]All Warbird descriptions have been updated, typoes removed, and gramer corrected.

Last edited by erkyss2; 04-29-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 14
04-29-2013, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shar487a View Post
Damn that 29th century OP tech! Our guns and knives should get a buff!

:p
there shouldn't be these future ships in the game. the future guys would have intervened and prevented it from happening.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
04-29-2013, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
there shouldn't be these future ships in the game. the future guys would have intervened and prevented it from happening.
I think they were bribed by the Lobi Consortium... that, or it this gear paradox is part of some elaborate long term temporal development plan
Captain
# 16
04-29-2013, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shar487a View Post
I think they were bribed by the Lobi Consortium... that, or it this gear paradox is part of some elaborate long term temporal development plan
Yes there will be a large power surge at Cryptic headquarters, caused by the temporal police of the 29th century.

Sadly the only backup remaining for STO will be from 2009.

Timeline restored.
Career Officer
# 17
04-29-2013, 07:28 PM
Backstep is nowhere near as OP as inversion field.

Backstep doesn't slow down multiple people nor **** your cooldowns while in it.

Backstep is one and done and if that target doesn't get support they get popped easily.
Career Officer
# 18
04-29-2013, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
At the OP:

The other posters have already covered it, but I'll just add this.

Powers such as Temporal Inversion Field are the literal definition of Pay to Win.

Teams using this, especially multiple copies of this, quickly turn any "match" into a joke.
Indeed, was in a match against a team that swapped to using that one once they started to lose. We were poorly equipped to handle it and we lost the thread after that use.

Teams who use that power know damn well how powerful it is.
Captain
# 19
04-29-2013, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timejumpers View Post
I was doing some reading and noticed alot of people saying inversion field is OP but i never hear anyone say anything about backstep.

I havent had a chance to use either but from the tooltip the backstep looks way more OP then inversion field.

I have been wanting to buy a wells but not sure if it is ok to use. Is it just the inversion that is OP and not allowed to be used or backstep also?
TBH, I have been in many, many premade scenarios against many teams that utilize this technique and once I become aware that it will be used, then I don't mind it. We typically just make sure one of our sci's runs PSW and then hold the PSW until the enemy sci ship uses inversion. It is annoying if the PSW isn't there, but I guess I have just gotten used to dealing with it.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Rihannsu
# 20
04-30-2013, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
At the OP:

The other posters have already covered it, but I'll just add this.

Powers such as Temporal Inversion Field are the literal definition of Pay to Win.

Teams using this, especially multiple copies of this, quickly turn any "match" into a joke.
Wells, Bug, D'kora.... all are P2W. we have passed p2w a few seasons back.

Like so many items on the No BS pvp list (except maybe the EMP burst) TI is WAD!
Sweet spot of balance and all, enjoy the possibilities and combinations it allows. Don't forget to combine with some elite pets, also WAD. There are always counters, after all. Geko said so.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013

Last edited by havam; 04-30-2013 at 01:55 AM.