Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 11
04-27-2013, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulserazor View Post
No Eject Warp Plasma/Vent Theta Radiation, if you are going to make all these silly rules... Invisible gas clouds immobilizing your ship, THAT is BS.

Temporal inversion Field on a 3 minute cooldown at the cost of equiping a Garbage Blue Chroniton Beam Bank, and a Temporal disruption device.. and all for a 20 second movement debuff and a few extra seconds on your cooldowns.... Banning that is BS

arent these rules Sad Panda copypasta?
While I'm sure the current rules laid down are open to editing, I'd like to stress that you're not paying anything to join this. And you're not winning anything for coming first. That is not to say you shouldn't try to win. But the more people bang on about rules, the longer it takes to finalize, the more people argue, the more get angry and the chance the whole thing falls apart just increases
Career Officer
# 12
04-27-2013, 07:14 PM
We agree, post has been edited to show more of the concern. But as our team does not use EWP or VTR, maybe we should to join the rest of the teams and create these clouds, because that is the impression I'm getting.

If its not considered Broken, then fair enough and we will abide by the rules. I'm only voicing the concern as I dont considerate it fun.

But I can see problems with banning it (looking at both sides of the argument) because many people use it as a defense for the breen cluster torp. Photonic Shockwave is a good counter for the BCT.

Last edited by jacknm1; 04-28-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Commander
# 13
04-30-2013, 03:53 AM
Hello jacknm1,

since the rules as depicted in the opening post are finalized, EWP/Theta will not be banned. However, I will gladly participate in a possible 3rd tournament (maybe hosted by you?) where plasma clouds may be prohibited.

Hope to see you and your team in the tournament

Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some pew pew PVP action!
Rihannsu
# 14
04-30-2013, 03:55 AM
Anyone looking for a good pvp player for a team let me know.

I will be happy to do some testing with ya.
-Spells

|| Open Door Policy ||
| Dues Ex Mechina |
Fleet Leader

Lieutenant
# 15
05-01-2013, 01:07 AM
Ban extends :p
Ensign
# 16 Confirming application
05-01-2013, 06:31 AM
Ad infinitum rockers team, leader is daktaklakpak@hrmadman .
Lieutenant
# 17
05-01-2013, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmadman View Post
Ad infinitum rockers team, leader is daktaklakpak@hrmadman .
This is Ad Infinitum "Sex, Drugs & R'n'R" team, playing under the influence and hoping it's allowed by the rules

P.S. We got cookies....
Lieutenant
# 18
05-01-2013, 06:55 AM
Team Ad-Infinitum and the leader is @matija
Captain
# 19
05-01-2013, 08:29 AM
Getting a sense of Deja Vu with this thread

Thanks for kick starting tournament 2 Hank. Good luck to you.
This time around, time willing, i will be a participant.
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Career Officer
# 20
05-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilhansk View Post
Hello jacknm1,

since the rules as depicted in the opening post are finalized, EWP/Theta will not be banned. However, I will gladly participate in a possible 3rd tournament (maybe hosted by you?) where plasma clouds may be prohibited.

Hope to see you and your team in the tournament
Thanks for the reply and consideration, however since nobody else seems to be speaking up any more, it hardly matters. I think if we were to host the tournament the rules would be the same unless otherwise requested by those who have any say.

However, i highly doubt 1st column will get the opportunity to host lol.

but reagrdless, we will be there, trying not to be an easy win for the l33t teams.