Starfleet Veteran
# 1 MVAM Pets & Phaser Relays?
04-30-2013, 10:27 AM
Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I searched as well as I could without finding the answer. Anhow:

Since MVAM spawns pets that use phasers when activated, I was wondering if Phaser Relays effected the DPS of MVAM pets. Figuring out this question will help me determine what sort of Fleet weapons I want to buy for my ship.

In a related question, I was also wondering if Phaser Lotus was effecte by Phaser Relays. I did search for this, and all signs seem to poin to Yes, but if anyone has determined otherwise, please let me know.

Thanks in advance

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Commander
# 2
04-30-2013, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidiusrex View Post
Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I searched as well as I could without finding the answer. Anhow:

Since MVAM spawns pets that use phasers when activated, I was wondering if Phaser Relays effected the DPS of MVAM pets. Figuring out this question will help me determine what sort of Fleet weapons I want to buy for my ship.

In a related question, I was also wondering if Phaser Lotus was effecte by Phaser Relays. I did search for this, and all signs seem to poin to Yes, but if anyone has determined otherwise, please let me know.

Thanks in advance
Yes since the pets are all part of your ship just divided into different halves but it's still the one ship i'm pretty sure.

And for the phaser lotus yes as well the phaser relays will help up the damage.
Career Officer
# 3
04-30-2013, 10:36 AM
Pets are improved by the phaser relays, yes. This goes for the Starfleet shuttles / fighters, and the MVA segments. The Lotus and the lances on the Vesta and the Galaxy-X are also enhanced by the relays. In short, to get the full effect for the Prometheus MVA, Chimera, Galaxy-X and the Armitage, use phasers. The Atrox also suffers from this, so make sure you match your weapons with whatever pets you intend to use.
R. Admiral Corris Sprint (@sprint01)
Commanding Officer - 26th Fleet [RP]
Star Trek: Praetorian Official Website
Empire Veteran
# 4
04-30-2013, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpedcore View Post
Pets are improved by the phaser relays, yes. This goes for the Starfleet shuttles / fighters, and the MVA segments. The Lotus and the lances on the Vesta and the Galaxy-X are also enhanced by the relays. In short, to get the full effect for the Prometheus MVA, Chimera, Galaxy-X and the Armitage, use phasers. The Atrox also suffers from this, so make sure you match your weapons with whatever pets you intend to use.
Aaactually... I believe you are in error. While all ship produced attacks (Like Lances and the Lotus) are based on your ship's consoles and your personal skills with weapons Pets work off of their own skills and stats and you cannot really make them better without casting buffs onto them.

Unless that has recently changed that is the way one of the Devs had previously explained it to me in a thread quite some time ago when I was inquiring about the MVAM Vectors.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
04-30-2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasukurobi View Post
Aaactually... I believe you are in error. While all ship produced attacks (Like Lances and the Lotus) are based on your ship's consoles and your personal skills with weapons Pets work off of their own skills and stats and you cannot really make them better without casting buffs onto them.

Unless that has recently changed that is the way one of the Devs had previously explained it to me in a thread quite some time ago when I was inquiring about the MVAM Vectors.
This was my understanding too, although I've heard both stories. From my initial understanding, however, player-produced effect (damage, buffs, etc.) are effected by consoles, but effects from pets spawned by players are not.

Now I may need to rummage through the Dev Tracker to find a definitive answer, but if anyone has a link to this supposed post, or any empyrical evidence to support one theory or another, please let me know.

Starfleet Veteran
# 6
04-30-2013, 11:59 AM
Question: If I were to PM a dev with this question, whcih one should I PM? I'm a little out of touch with which dev does what these days.

Rihannsu
# 7
04-30-2013, 12:49 PM
I can tell you pets get 0 from player skills. The only thing players do that enhance them are team wide buffs, and your aux power effects launch time on carriers. Doffs can give them buffs but thats not really you. Andorian wing cannon platforms gets the set bonus to let the wing cannons gain CRF etc when you use it but they still wont get any use out of your dmg consoles.

Weapon consoles wont effect pets. No point pming devs its been confirmed by them time and time again.
Career Officer
# 8
04-30-2013, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasukurobi View Post

Wow. I hope you're wrong there. I'll have to see where I got that info and double check my facts. You wouldn't happen to have a copy of your data on hand, would you? I'd like to compare notes, to see which is which here.
R. Admiral Corris Sprint (@sprint01)
Commanding Officer - 26th Fleet [RP]
Star Trek: Praetorian Official Website
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
04-30-2013, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtoney3448 View Post
I can tell you pets get 0 from player skills. The only thing players do that enhance them are team wide buffs, and your aux power effects launch time on carriers. Doffs can give them buffs but thats not really you. Andorian wing cannon platforms gets the set bonus to let the wing cannons gain CRF etc when you use it but they still wont get any use out of your dmg consoles.

Weapon consoles wont effect pets. No point pming devs its been confirmed by them time and time again.
Understood, and confirms what I initially suspected. Thanks