Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 527
Now first off, the bigger thing thats missing is more Romulan Science ships, that's a given and there are other topics about that, but another thing thats missing is a true Romulan carrier.

The obvious option is the Scimitar, especially considering in Nemesis itself it was shown have huge flight decks with Scorpion Fighters. And lets be honest, the Scimitar is most likely coming to the cstore at some point, but personally i'd also like to see an escort carrier, maybe a fleet version of the Dhelan.

So anyway these are my thoughts and just wondering if anyone else here feels the same. Personally i'll be enjoying flying around in my mogai and tvaro but i'm going to miss my pets and would love to see romulans get a carrier soon.

Basic thoughts on stats, and i've added fleet science versions to both because science toons need some love. and since the fleet dhelan was engineering based i made a engineering based carrier version.

Scimitar type true carrier, similar to the jem'hadar dread

4 fore 4 aft
41,000 hull
1.05 shield mod
2 Hanger Bays
3000 Crew
3 Device Slots
5 Turn rate (maybe 5.5 or 6)
Impulse 0.17
+10 Weapons
+10 Aux

Consoles:
basic: 4 tac 3 eng 2 sci
fleet version:
standard: 4 tac 3 eng 3 sci
science version: 4 tac 2 eng 4 sci

Boffs:
Commander Tac / LT.CMDR Universal / LT Science / LT Engineering / Ensign Universal

Science version switches commander tac to sci and lt sci to tac

Escort Carrier, based off of the Dhelan and armitage. basing it off the Dhelan because it seems more like a possible carrier to me verses toe mogai. To be honest, a brand new design would be even better.

4 Fore 3 Aft
31,500 hull
.90 shield mod
1 Hanger Bays
400 Crew
2 Device Slots
15 Turn rate (maybe 14)
Impulse 0.20
+10 Weapons
+10 Aux

Consoles:
basic: 3 tac 3 eng 2 sci
fleet version:
standard: 4 tac 3 eng 3 sci
engineering version: 4 tac 4 eng 2 sci

Boffs:
Commander Tac / LT.CMDR Universal / LT Science / LT Engineering / Ensign Universal

engineering version switches commander tac to eng and lt eng to tac

Anyway, just some fun thoughts.

ACCESS DENIED
U.S.S. Gipsy Danger | U.S.S. Gunstar | U.S.S. Oswin
R.R.W. Coronatus | R.R.W. Valar Morghulis
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 702
# 2
04-30-2013, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neok182 View Post
Now first off, the bigger thing thats missing is more Romulan Science ships, that's a given and there are other topics about that, but another thing thats missing is a true Romulan carrier.

The obvious option is the Scimitar, especially considering in Nemesis itself it was shown have huge flight decks with Scorpion Fighters. And lets be honest, the Scimitar is most likely coming to the cstore at some point, but personally i'd also like to see an escort carrier, maybe a fleet version of the Dhelan.

So anyway these are my thoughts and just wondering if anyone else here feels the same. Personally i'll be enjoying flying around in my mogai and tvaro but i'm going to miss my pets and would love to see romulans get a carrier soon.

Basic thoughts on stats, and i've added fleet science versions to both because science toons need some love. and since the fleet dhelan was engineering based i made a engineering based carrier version.

Scimitar type true carrier, similar to the jem'hadar dread

4 fore 4 aft
41,000 hull
1.05 shield mod
2 Hanger Bays
3000 Crew
3 Device Slots
5 Turn rate (maybe 5.5 or 6)
Impulse 0.17
+10 Weapons
+10 Aux

Consoles:
basic: 4 tac 3 eng 2 sci
fleet version:
standard: 4 tac 3 eng 3 sci
science version: 4 tac 2 eng 4 sci

Boffs:
Commander Tac / LT.CMDR Universal / LT Science / LT Engineering / Ensign Universal

Science version switches commander tac to sci and lt sci to tac

Escort Carrier, based off of the Dhelan and armitage. basing it off the Dhelan because it seems more like a possible carrier to me verses toe mogai. To be honest, a brand new design would be even better.

4 Fore 3 Aft
31,500 hull
.90 shield mod
1 Hanger Bays
400 Crew
2 Device Slots
15 Turn rate (maybe 14)
Impulse 0.20
+10 Weapons
+10 Aux

Consoles:
basic: 3 tac 3 eng 2 sci
fleet version:
standard: 4 tac 3 eng 3 sci
engineering version: 4 tac 4 eng 2 sci

Boffs:
Commander Tac / LT.CMDR Universal / LT Science / LT Engineering / Ensign Universal

engineering version switches commander tac to eng and lt eng to tac

Anyway, just some fun thoughts.
Theres a TalShiar lock box in the game files... I think the Scimitar will be the major reward from it.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,222
# 3
04-30-2013, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
Theres a TalShiar lock box in the game files... I think the Scimitar will be the major reward from it.
I doubt that, personally. Figure the Scimitar ends up a 3pack ala Ody/Bort. They wouldn't want to give the Scim to Feds/KDF....
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 702
# 4
04-30-2013, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
I doubt that, personally. Figure the Scimitar ends up a 3pack ala Ody/Bort. They wouldn't want to give the Scim to Feds/KDF....
Not many other ships that could go with that lock box...
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 460
# 5
04-30-2013, 05:41 PM
No, NO. Stop it! We don't need more pet spam in this game! We don't need more carriers! We never needed them.
Joined: January 2010

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 527
# 6
04-30-2013, 05:44 PM
Both really good points. a talshair lockbox could easily be the scimitar, but at the same time i do agree that that probably wouldn't be something cryptic/cbs would want in a lockbox for fed/kdf.

making the scimitar like the oddy/bort would make sense, but that might be a little overkill if it's a carrier too which it should be, even though we didn't see it launch the fighters it obviously could.

as far as the lockbox, it probably will be a new ship, maybe one of the new alien ones, that would actually make sense considering the aliens are working for them, and it would make it a non faction ship sorta like the rest of them other than the temporal ships.

ACCESS DENIED
U.S.S. Gipsy Danger | U.S.S. Gunstar | U.S.S. Oswin
R.R.W. Coronatus | R.R.W. Valar Morghulis
Lieutenant
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 41
# 7
04-30-2013, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neok182 View Post
Both really good points. a talshair lockbox could easily be the scimitar, but at the same time i do agree that that probably wouldn't be something cryptic/cbs would want in a lockbox for fed/kdf.

making the scimitar like the oddy/bort would make sense, but that might be a little overkill if it's a carrier too which it should be, even though we didn't see it launch the fighters it obviously could.

as far as the lockbox, it probably will be a new ship, maybe one of the new alien ones, that would actually make sense considering the aliens are working for them, and it would make it a non faction ship sorta like the rest of them other than the temporal ships.
The Vesta has a hangar, and it is a 3-pack ship.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 527
# 8
04-30-2013, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethketa View Post
The Vesta has a hangar, and it is a 3-pack ship.
true and i own that, how did i forget lol. guess cause i was just comparing with the oddy and bort.

3 pack would be good for it though to get tac/sci/eng versions and the romulan side really does need more variety.

ACCESS DENIED
U.S.S. Gipsy Danger | U.S.S. Gunstar | U.S.S. Oswin
R.R.W. Coronatus | R.R.W. Valar Morghulis
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,223
# 9
04-30-2013, 05:54 PM
I can't wait to see the turn rate on the real Romulan carrier. It should be hilarious.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,137
# 10
04-30-2013, 05:59 PM
Well, what about a Reman carrier?

I realize the Romulan Republic uses a pretty standardized navy of Warbirds, but who's to say they can have a few exotic ships of strictly Reman design floating about - a bit like the Atrox, Kumari or D'kyr mixed in with Starfleet? Reman-specific designs seem especially viable when you've got Obisek rallying a 'freedom force' against the Tal Shiar.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:20 PM.