Career Officer
# 11
04-30-2013, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szerontzur View Post
Well, what about a Reman carrier?

I realize the Romulan Republic uses a pretty standardized navy of Warbirds, but who's to say they can have a few exotic ships of strictly Reman design floating about - a bit like the Atrox, Kumari or D'kyr mixed in with Starfleet? Reman-specific designs seem especially viable when you've got Obisek rallying a 'freedom force' against the Tal Shiar.
didn't even think of that. absolutely yes. would be awesome to have some reman designs and not just reskins of romulan.

though thinking about it technically isn't the scimitar a reman ship?

ACCESS DENIED
U.S.S. Gipsy Danger | U.S.S. Gunstar | U.S.S. Oswin
R.R.W. Coronatus | R.R.W. Valar Morghulis
Republic Veteran
# 12
04-30-2013, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
Theres a TalShiar lock box in the game files... I think the Scimitar will be the major reward from it.
Please no but I could see the new alien race ships being in there they are awesome, and they could have a singularity core and battle cloak. They are shown to have cloak in game, and I have seen some abilities they use that look like singularity abilities.

But they are ovibously saving scimitar for c-store carrier, it will probably be 4 front and 2 or 3 aft weapons. I'm thinking a tact commander sci or engi lt cmdr. I hope sci lt cmdr, the turn rate might be 4.5 or something... Two hanger bays with special scorpions fighters . I also hope its 3 set with consoles that synergize giving more stealth and turn rate, maybe with final ability for full thalaron attack.

Last edited by cryptkeeper0; 04-30-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-30-2013, 06:28 PM
Stahl has said constantly that the Scimitar would be for the romulan faction and never a lockbox ship. Also in interviews they've asked stahl about the scimitar being a 3 pack and he said maybe. Which knowing cryptics new marketing of ships has been 3 pack 3 pack 3 pack 3 pack. So it'd be for romulan faction and a 3 pack. Yeah I can see it being a carrier, but I'd love it to have 5/4 or 5/5 weapons and have a turn rate of 2. That someone suggested in game chat. lol

Also in the video on romulan page it shows the dehlan with scorp and those cyclops shuttles around it so probably at one point they were going to make it a carrier.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=490421 We want this help build support!

Last edited by deusemperor; 05-01-2013 at 12:28 AM.
Career Officer
# 14
04-30-2013, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deusemperor View Post
Stahl has said constantly that the Scimitar would be for the romulan faction and never a lockbox ship. Also in interviews they've asked stahl about the scimitar being a 3 pack and he said maybe. Which knowing cryptics new marketing of ships has been 3 pack 3 pack 3 pack 3 pack. So it'd be for romulan faction and a 3 pack. Yeah I can see it being a carrier, but I'd love it to have 5/4 or 5/5 weapons and have a turn rate of 2. lol

Also in the video on romulan page it shows the dehlan with scorp and those cyclops shuttles around it so probably at one point they were going to make it a carrier.

dear god. a 2 turn rate. all of a sudden the Odyssey seems like a gokart lol

ACCESS DENIED
U.S.S. Gipsy Danger | U.S.S. Gunstar | U.S.S. Oswin
R.R.W. Coronatus | R.R.W. Valar Morghulis
Lieutenant
# 15
04-30-2013, 06:46 PM
Looking back on Romulan history they have never seemed to use carriers, however I peronally think a Z Store one will be released, and maybe from a story story perspective carriers would be a more cost effective way of defending the Republic than trying too maintaina group of larger ships.
Republic Veteran
# 16
04-30-2013, 06:55 PM
They would never make it lower then 4 turn lol, in fact i don't think there is one below 5...
Commander
# 17
04-30-2013, 06:58 PM
Turnrate 1 = ultra "majestic".

There might be a carrier, be it in a lockbox or in the ZEN Store... whatever, if it comes, we will have to pay for it.
Captain
# 18
04-30-2013, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtoon74 View Post
Looking back on Romulan history they have never seemed to use carriers
Yeah? Neither did the KDF and they launched with a carrier.

Personally, I think a carrier with a tac heavy boff layout and a 4/4 weapon layout seems a mite too powerful. I think it would be better if the carrier had a Tac/Sci mix similar (but not the same as) the Mogai. Weaponry should also be limited to 6 or 7 weapons as well. I actually think 6 weapons would be bset, but to inject some newness into things, make the weapon layout 4/2, so the broadsides will end up beaing with the same power, but the frontal damage will exceed many other carriers.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-30-2013, 07:08 PM
Quote:
They would never make it lower then 4 turn lol, in fact i don't think there is one below 5...
The D'dex on tribble had turn rate base of 2 for a while until they upped it to 5 or 5.5. So it did exist for a few patches lol.

Not too sure about the tal shiar box maybe it will give us that Tal Shiar's guy flagship the one in mind game mission. Stahl said the lockbox wouldn't be romulan, but if it is tal shiar lockbox I guess it kind of doesn't qualify as regular romulan race...
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=490421 We want this help build support!
Captain
# 20
04-30-2013, 07:18 PM
Honestly the only reason I can see the Scimitar being in the lockbox (other than it being a good candidate) is that if its in the lock box they can give it a toned down version of the Thalaron blast that the NPC ships have. I cant ever see that power becoming a CStore purchase.