Rihannsu
# 1 Galaxy map circa 2215
04-30-2013, 09:01 PM
I found this map on a website dealing with pre-war earth through the early 24th century. Seems like a neater, more reliable map than we currently have in-game.
http://www.starfleet-museum.org/15-parsec-map.gif
Career Officer
# 2
04-30-2013, 10:12 PM
You should no better than to link an image directly from ex astris scientia.

And yes, our, in-game map is hopelessly inaccurate. (Earth, Andor, Vulcan and other core Federation worlds are all in the Beta Quadrant? Really?)

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Career Officer
# 3
04-30-2013, 11:56 PM
Some of the federation is in the Beta Quadrant, the majority in the Alpha Quadrant. Klingons and Romulans are in the Beta Quadrant, while Cardassian Breen, Ferengi and Tholian are in the Alpha Quadrant.

problem here is that the galaxy map is subjective, according to cryptic some planets are completely out of place like some nebulas, they recently moved the Azure Nebula, but the bassen rift is completely in the wrong place according to other sources..
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T6 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T6 hero ship.
Rihannsu
# 4
05-01-2013, 12:05 AM
that map is from a fanon site, I wouldn't count on it being "accurate"

No offense to Masao.

The STO map is actually pretty close to the maps in the Star Trek: Starcharts book, just a few systems out of place. And, yes, they are all in the Beta Quadrant, the dividing line between alpha and beta is on the west edge of the Sirius block, Cardassian, Borg and Deferi space are all in the alpha quadrant.

Before you ask, the Sector Block names have nothing to do with the Quadrants.
Rihannsu
# 5
05-01-2013, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
You should no better than to link an image directly from ex astris scientia.

And yes, our, in-game map is hopelessly inaccurate. (Earth, Andor, Vulcan and other core Federation worlds are all in the Beta Quadrant? Really?)
Yes really, as that is where they are.

now its difficult to get an 100% accurate map as its mostly cobbled together from the shows but all the maps I have ever seen that are official or close to it put Earth on the border of the Alpha an Beta quadrant, and vulcan and andoria just inside the beta quadrant but the bulk of it is in the alpha quadrant.

the problem stems from DS9 and Voy. They did not want to confuse things for the audience so they basically only used the term alpha quadrant, no matter who was talking about it.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission