Captain
# 401
04-30-2013, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwstolemyname View Post
Standard responce time for a gold member is roughly 8 days. Standard responce is generaly equivilent to; 'Sorry to hear you had a problem, try this fix you already read about on the forum, if it dosnt work file a bug report. Bug reports will in most instances not be responded to.'

I have silver member friends who tell me they dont get responces at all to their tickets.
That is really concerning to me, especially because my current issue involves billing problems and the loss of my subscription. Theoretically, even though I am trying to resolve and maintain a Gold account, I am considered a Silver account at the moment.

The whole issue with staff being tied up on LoR is also concerning. STO (and other PWE games) is an active product and needs proper support and maintenance, if they want current STO staff working on LoR, they need to bring in an adequate number and quality of staff to support this active product, not leave it to twist in the wind.
Starfleet Veteran
# 402
04-30-2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer1 View Post
That is really concerning to me, especially because my current issue involves billing problems and the loss of my subscription. Theoretically, even though I am trying to resolve and maintain a Gold account, I am considered a Silver account at the moment.

The whole issue with staff being tied up on LoR is also concerning. STO (and other PWE games) is an active product and needs proper support and maintenance, if they want current STO staff working on LoR, they need to bring in an adequate number and quality of staff to support this active product, not leave it to twist in the wind.
The claim that has been made that the support staff are working on LoR is pure speculation as far as I am aware. I very much doubt it is the case. I don't remember the source of this information but I believe all GM support is handled at an independent facility belonging to perfect world now.

Also I am sure they put billing issues before gameplay ones. It has always taken 8 days for me to recive a response to a gameplay issue but I have never had a billing one.
Community Moderator
# 403
04-30-2013, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer1 View Post

This is 100% false. Not EVERYONE works on everything. Example - Brandon's the Community Manager and while yes he does help write blogs, take screenshots and I'm sure has had some little input on how things are done, ultimately he's not coding STO nor doing 3d animation etc.

The GM/Support team that handles things handles all tickets in the order they get them. Billing ones do get handled (I know I've had a few hehe) it just takes time and patience
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Starfleet Veteran
# 404 Not entittled to GM help?
05-01-2013, 04:56 AM
The ablative console for my long range science vessel retrofit recently went *poof* missing.

I contacted a GM who told me that they could not find any proof that I owned the ship (despite it being flown by my main character right now...)

I was told that because I did not purchase it from the C-store that I was not entitled to get help replacing the missing console.

I'm a lifetime/gold member and the ship was purchased using a VA token (I'm over 1000 day vet)

So I am confused why I am not entitled to the same help that I would get if I had purchased the item from the C-store, and why its not listed there as 'owned'.

Any help in solving this issue would be greatly appreciated!
Career Officer
# 405
05-01-2013, 05:21 AM
It may be that the GM's are unable to provide access to items hence why they say they about you not buying from the store. Had it been bought from the store the advice would have been to discharge and reclaim the ship as that would resupply the console. As a Vet ship this is not possible.

If the devs could be tempted to make the consoles unbound then somebody else would be able to give you the console but that might detract from store sales as people also use the consoles in fleet ships (where applicable).

Really I know you are frustrated but try just submitting a support ticket and seeing if that helps.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 406
05-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox976 View Post
The ablative console for my long range science vessel retrofit recently went *poof* missing.

I contacted a GM who told me that they could not find any proof that I owned the ship (despite it being flown by my main character right now...)

I was told that because I did not purchase it from the C-store that I was not entitled to get help replacing the missing console.

I'm a lifetime/gold member and the ship was purchased using a VA token (I'm over 1000 day vet)

So I am confused why I am not entitled to the same help that I would get if I had purchased the item from the C-store, and why its not listed there as 'owned'.

Any help in solving this issue would be greatly appreciated!
If you have any questions regarding a ticket's response, they should be brought up within the ticket itself -- feel free to reply to it. Only the GM team can assist in this matter

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 407
05-01-2013, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
This is 100% false. Not EVERYONE works on everything. Example - Brandon's the Community Manager and while yes he does help write blogs, take screenshots and I'm sure has had some little input on how things are done, ultimately he's not coding STO nor doing 3d animation etc.

The GM/Support team that handles things handles all tickets in the order they get them. Billing ones do get handled (I know I've had a few hehe) it just takes time and patience
I wasn't suggesting that it was said that everyone works on everything, just within their functional levels. From what was suggested earlier was that staffers were working on LoR within their function (ie: coding, design, etc.).

If it is true that they are not using supporting and development staff from active games to make the new game, so much the better. But the other person suggested this wasn't the case and that they hadn't transferred in needed supporting staff to take up the slack, if that is the case, that is concerning. I would hope it would be the sooner, not the latter that we are experiencing.
Starfleet Veteran
# 408
05-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
If you have any questions regarding a ticket's response, they should be brought up within the ticket itself -- feel free to reply to it. Only the GM team can assist in this matter

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I have Brandon, many time in fact, and I believe you know of what I speak. I have emailed and referenced my ticket/item number each time. I know you don't have anything to do with it but someone in Cryptic must be able to suggest ideas to PW, including their Customer Support department. Letting them know your customers are a little frustrated with response time would go a long way in making us feel like we are seen as the loyal customers that we are.
Lt. Commander
# 409
05-01-2013, 12:30 PM
I to have put in a ticket regarding the 30 days subscription I am owed, due to a key I had to redeem. However I never got the 30 days gold as I was a monthly subscriber, like many of you on here, I feel cheated in a way...

I have put a ticket in, however I doubt I will get those 30 days back. Its a shame the system never noticed my activation.

I really hope that you start to pick up the customer service, as at the moment I have more chance of asking the devil himself for help!

www.EliteDefenseStarfleet.com
Best fleet in Star Trek Online...
We even have our own merchandise!!! Come join us today...
www.cafepress.com/elitedefensestarfleet
Captain
# 410
05-01-2013, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon.. have you tried to put a ticket in yourself?

Here's some facts:

The ticket support website you're supposed to use to reply to them.. doesn't work. In all browsers (Firefox, IE, Chrome) the browsers say the website is being redirected in ways that it cannot be completed.

Replying to the nitwits in support through e-mail gets you gems worthy of the movie 'Idiocracy'. For example, when I had to resort to replying to customer service email directly with a full copy of the ticket & the CSR's response to it...and I clearly, oh so CLEARLY stated the WHY I was sending the reply through e-mail rather than using the support website (the website redirection thing)... can you guess what they replied to me with?

'We cannot help you sorry please use the support website' .

I guess the CSR building they work at also uses gatorade to water their lawn. What other explanation is there? Its got eh-lehk-tro-lites!

...and I watched my tickets 'expire' because they received no reply. OMFG. I lost 2 purple doffs (one unique) to an interface glitch in a doff mission... and it was impossible to get support for it.

Case in point is: The service rendered is abysmal. Its an exercise in futility to even attempt to contact support for an in-game issue or for billing.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Closed Thread