Lt. Commander
# 11
05-01-2013, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Romulans will now display "Ally of the Federation" or "Ally of the Klingon Empire" on the character selection screen if they have allied with a faction
Please NO!

We dont need to be reminded every time we log who we are FORCED to serve.

The less mention of Fed and KDF for Romulan characters the better. It should be easy to forget you were ever made to subjugate yourself.
PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
05-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Romulan Cloak: Increased this power's recharge time from 20 seconds to 40 seconds.
Romulan Battle Cloak: Increased this power's recharge time from 20 seconds to 40 seconds.
If you're gonna keep this, could you make it so exiting combat resets (or at least reduces) the cooldown on cloak? For the standard cloak at least, it feels redundant to restrict an out of combat ability even further.

I still want bare feet.... on ALL costumes.
Empire Veteran
# 13
05-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
[*]Romulan Battle Cloak: Increased this power's recharge time from 20 seconds to 40 seconds.
what the hell? well you just rewrote the rules on how romulans work doing that. it certanly will make it that much harder for those horrible 5 turn ships to do anything.

perhaps them having battle cloak at all is a bit OP, so i can see a justification. the only cloak with a 20 second cooldown should be on klingon birds of prey. what about the romulan EBCing bop? no mention of a change to it. i hope that means the E was dropped from its BC entirely...
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 14
05-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
She'll be starring in a 3-part miniseries on the Elements Network (Entertainment for Romulan Women) called "How Sela Got Her Cape Back".
  • It's a feel-good story about women's empowerment and the importance of a good wardrobe for military leaders.
  • She is so sure of its commercial and critical success she has already greenlit the sequel "How Sela Got Her Cape Back Two: Romulan Boogaloo".
Hahahaha nice.

On the subject of broken features: I've noted a few:
  • Clicking in the text field doesn't move cursor to that area of text, like it does in Holodeck.
  • For the Vesta, the "select primary ship" button covers the hangar slot in the ship selection menu.
  • Cannot zoom in on ships in the ship customization panel.
  • Ker'rat cannot be entered by Romulan allied players.
  • Type 6 hulls don't have that shiny deflector property that can be found in each of the other hulls. (This may be intentional, just thought to mention it)
  • Cruisers.
  • Arena battles no longer show the score box (this may be intentional, not sure)
  • When changing characters, when a different character is selected, their character tab is selected but the 3D character does not show up, and consequently hitting the login button only selects the previous character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
what the hell? well you just rewrote the rules on how romulans work doing that. it certanly will make it that much harder for those horrible 5 turn ships to do anything.

perhaps them having battle cloak at all is a bit OP, so i can see a justification. the only cloak with a 20 second cooldown should be on klingon birds of prey. what about the romulan EBCing bop? no mention of a change to it. i hope that means the E was dropped from its BC entirely...
Agreed; what happened? Pretty sure that the Romulan Cloak should be much less than 40 seconds. Look at Assimilated Donatra; her cloak isn't 40 seconds at all.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!

Last edited by stardestroyer001; 05-01-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 15
05-01-2013, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
Hmmm... anything on the vanishing Boff skills or Boffs leaving their stations?

This is the big one I'm hoping is addressed soon...

And, yeah... OUCH on the doubling the Cloak recharge...

Jolan'tru
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post

Ummm.... why BOPs. We Romulans INVENTED the freaking cloak and sold the dumb Klingons - errr our glorious new masters - inferior cloaking Technology.

The Klingon cloaks should be ones with the longest cooldowns
PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY
Career Officer
# 17
05-01-2013, 04:15 PM
Subadmiral: Nice, very Romulan.

Also, good job on the Cloak Cooldown; 20 Seconds with 5 Superior Romulan Operatives would have been WAY OP.
Empire Veteran
# 18
05-01-2013, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnlbrtnfrnt View Post
Ummm.... why BOPs. We Romulans INVENTED the freaking cloak and sold the dumb Klingons - errr our glorious new masters - inferior cloaking Technology.

The Klingon cloaks should be ones with the longest cooldowns
for balance reason. none of the romulan ships are tin cans by any stretch like they are
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Republic Veteran
# 19
05-01-2013, 04:16 PM
I believe they did it becasue with the Romulan abilities I was able to cloak 5-9 seconds after I decloak.

Career Officer
# 20
05-01-2013, 04:17 PM
anyway we are going to be getting the option to beam from Romulan Fortilia to the Romulan Command and vice versa...like ESD and SFA?