Career Officer
# 21
05-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
I fly my fleet Tor'Kaht in STFs without any armor consoles, no need for it. It is either a one shot by a heavy torp or isometric charge. Or so little damage that the shooter is dead before hurting me.
To be fair, Cruisers have enough Hull that an armor console or 2 can turn one shots into almost one shots.
Lieutenant
# 22
05-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
I fly my fleet Tor'Kaht in STFs without any armor consoles, no need for it. It is either a one shot by a heavy torp or isometric charge. Or so little damage that the shooter is dead before hurting me.
And god came down to earth with a gift in his hands: it was a monotanium armor console to help humains fighting the collective.
Captain
# 23
05-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieutoutpuissant View Post
And god came down to earth with a gift in his hands: it was a monotanium armor console to help humains fighting the collective.
Brace for impact, because I have a secret ... I don't worry too much about armor in STFs. It's a polarizing issue, but hull resists aren't that big a deal even in elite STFs. There's some structural integrity to this debate but I field more discussion isn't going to shed that much light on the issue.
Lieutenant
# 24
05-01-2013, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Brace for impact, because I have a secret ... I don't worry too much about armor in STFs. It's a polarizing issue, but hull resists aren't that big a deal even in elite STFs. There's some structural integrity to this debate but I field more discussion isn't going to shed that much light on the issue.
I see what you did there...
Captain
# 25
05-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurriknak View Post
I see what you did there...
I wish I hadn't
Career Officer
# 26
05-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
To be fair, Cruisers have enough Hull that an armor console or 2 can turn one shots into almost one shots.
Depends on the cruiser.

I'd say the counter to this is probably that cruisers with sub-40k hulls should probably either have their hull buffed or get other perks.

I still think the Galor should get cannons since the one on the show used pulse weapons and the tech specs refer to it having spiral wave beams and a spiral wave cannon. It's easily the least shiny of the lockbox ships.