Former PWE Community Team Lead
This week's spotlighted mission is "Shipwrecked!" by Gregg247. Read more to learn about this incredible player-made mission.

Click here to read more.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 2
04-26-2013, 04:14 PM
This one looks really cool. I will accept it soon as I log on my Klingon. Thanks for the news. Can't wait to see it!
Captain
# 3
04-27-2013, 12:02 AM
There seems to be a bug on the fifth map where the player gets stuck within the floor. Bridge Officers eventually free, but the player cannot. I've tried twice to get out and just gave up.
# 4
04-27-2013, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegeta50024 View Post
There seems to be a bug on the fifth map where the player gets stuck within the floor. Bridge Officers eventually free, but the player cannot. I've tried twice to get out and just gave up.
I've seen a few reports of this. What's strange is I played through it twice (always do before featuring a mission, to help avoid this), and didn't get stuck either time. It seems that some get stuck and some don't, so I'm not sure what could be up. I'll reach out to the author to see if they can put in a fix. Sorry for the bug!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Commander
# 5
04-27-2013, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I've seen a few reports of this. What's strange is I played through it twice (always do before featuring a mission, to help avoid this), and didn't get stuck either time. It seems that some get stuck and some don't, so I'm not sure what could be up. I'll reach out to the author to see if they can put in a fix. Sorry for the bug!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
In the end, such an "accident" is also very unfortunate for the author, as he (and the rating of his mission) will be punished for a glitch/bug. Perhaps in the future, Branflakes should test a mission twice, once with an extremely large character (e.g., Gorn) and once with and extremely small one (e.g., midget alien etc.).

Until then: WORKAROUND: If you are stuck, try to attract the closest group of Romulans by placing your away team in their line of sight. Try to lure the Rommies to you und get killed. After respawning you should be fine and you can proceed with the mission.
STOWiki admin.

Last edited by kagasensei; 04-27-2013 at 03:44 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
04-27-2013, 05:11 AM
I know nothing about this feeling at all...no sir...*commiserates with the author*
Career Officer
# 7
04-27-2013, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegeta50024 View Post
Glad I am not the only one who noticed this, however logging out and then back in did the trick for me and I was able to carry on.

Really fun mission, seemed to flow well and had some great dialogue.
Captain
# 8
04-27-2013, 09:38 AM
I reviewed it and unfortunatly gave it 1 star as the bug made the mission unplayable after that point even after dying and respawning and logging out and back in still had me stuck. These missions should be checked fully for bugs before being spotlighted
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Captain
# 9
04-27-2013, 09:41 AM
Folks, please note that the author probably has little control over this bug and how it affects players. Getting a mission to not bug out is sheer luck these days.
# 10
05-01-2013, 08:25 PM
The bug where you would occasionally get stuck in the floor should now be resolved

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=