Ensign
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 8
# 1 Fleet v Fleet
05-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Hi all, please don't take this as a 'trolling' attempt as I'm fairly new to the game. I registered sometime ago and I have been playing STO sporadically and I have few questions.

Now I always hear people talking about fleets, fleet star bases, etc. What is the point of fleets and star bases?

Are fleets able to declare war on each other and attack opposing fleet members any time they want?

Are enemy fleets able to attack your fleet's star base?
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,527
# 2
05-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfentir View Post
Now I always hear people talking about fleets, fleet star bases, etc. What is the point of fleets and star bases?

Are fleets able to declare war on each other and attack opposing fleet members any time they want?

Are enemy fleets able to attack your fleet's star base?
1: Mostly for Gear grinding or additional Social Zones.

2: No.

3: No. But we wish.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Ensign
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 8
# 3
05-01-2013, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
1: Mostly for Gear grinding or additional Social Zones.

2: No.

3: No. But we wish.
That's a bit disappointing. Why in Kirk's name would they give us star bases, but then we can't attack them?

It be cool if a fleet could declare war on another fleet and then attack each others star bases. Winner would get rewards and looser would lose certain amount of credits/dillithium/fleet marks, etc.

Last edited by wolfentir; 05-01-2013 at 09:19 PM. Reason: typo
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 677
# 4
05-01-2013, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfentir View Post
That's a bit disappointing. Why in Kirk's name would they give us star bases, but then we can't attack them?

It be cool if a fleet could declare war on another fleet and then attack each others star bases. Winner would get rewards and looser would lose certain amount of credits/dillithium/fleet marks, etc.
Because the whole PvP system is pretty much untouched since launch of this game.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 5
05-02-2013, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post
Because the whole PvP system is pretty much untouched since launch of this game.
what the op is asking about for instance, those are examples of pvp being sidestepped, not just untouched. they had to awkwardly step around it, even trip over it, when adding new pve. it might be hard to see from the current angle, but its laughable that there is no pvp anywhere in any of the starbase and fleet related stuff.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,416
# 6
05-02-2013, 04:10 AM
It was about this time last year when star bases were being talked about that we were repeatedly told that star bases would not initially have pvp related content but that it would be added.



Some of us knew they were lying then but still had hope.


...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,911
# 7
05-02-2013, 09:43 AM
Of course they were lying. Now with romulan faction coming out in endgame you have to chose being part of the federation or klingons. Romulan should be able to establish they're own fleets, starbases etc... But that might require adding PvP content such as FvsR, KvsR and RvsR so that didn't happen. Expectations not met, promises broken but yet in order to have more content pvpers have to make it themselves with self imposed restrictions and non official tournaments. I still play bc i love star trek and the potential of pvp improvements.

Enough of the nerd rage. Just give PvP more than a smile and a promise.
Ensign
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 8
# 8
05-04-2013, 09:10 PM
I don't understand why is it so hard to give us few maps (like ker'rat) or even a whole sector of galaxy for PVP.

Make a whole sector part of neutral zone which would be totally lawless and we can go there and PVP, build bases and maybe even fight over territory control. If you don't want to PVP, don't go there and if you want, it wil give us End game content.

I hate thought of End game content being just replaying missions for better gear or queing for PvP and waiting to play on same maps over and over again.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:23 PM.