Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 411
05-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
The ticket support website you're supposed to use to reply to them.. doesn't work. In all browsers (Firefox, IE, Chrome) the browsers say the website is being redirected in ways that it cannot be completed.
Unfortunately, for a small percentage of players, there is an error with the support site and they will get a redirect error. As the team continues to investigate this error, please email in directly for support. Info here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=267893

Also, when you email them, let them know you are experiencing this issue and they can resolve it manually for you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Ensign
# 412
05-02-2013, 01:59 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 05-02-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 413
05-02-2013, 01:59 AM
Sorry to say but im really not impressed with your support at all.

For a start i can not click on the parts i want in the drop down boxes i have to use my keyboard to select the right one clicking does nothing while pressing enter selects it.

Also while reporting an issue i ran into "The runabout bug" i was told that this was a new bug i had stumbled upon yet there are posts that date back to 2010. I was also told that i submitted the report wrong because i shouldnt use "Contact Us > Customer Support > Gameplay" when it is a gameplay issue instead i should find "Help > Bug report" where ever that is.

I have been playing this game just over a week and had two issues already which should not exist and being told a three year old bug is new is kind of a joke if you ask me.
Starfleet Veteran
# 414
05-02-2013, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Unfortunately, for a small percentage of players, there is an error with the support site and they will get a redirect error. As the team continues to investigate this error, please email in directly for support. Info here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=267893

Also, when you email them, let them know you are experiencing this issue and they can resolve it manually for you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Hi, Brandon.

I have managed to get to the support site several times, however, each time it only lists my closed ticket - the one I closed btw. The two new related ones are no-where to be found on said site, which is strange since: (1) the first new one was initiated by PW Support themselves via an email they sent to me (thanks to a forwarded email from you know who - TYVM ); (2) I correctly followed the instructions on the site you referenced above and sent many emails to PW Support and received only the boilerplate initial response from them (indicating the usual will respond within 4-5 business days) which included two new PW Support generated Item Numbers; (3) neither issue (the different item numbers) have been responded to in any manner or form, apart from the initial email reference in (2) above; and, (4) neither tickets / Items are listed on the Support Site.

So isn't reasonable for a player (not to mention a Lifer, +1,000 Day Vet, and ongoing spender of real money) to be somewhat confused and frustrated about the current situation? How long does one wait? How many follow-up emails does one send? Isn't there any other avenue of recourse one can take given the above described situation? Are you saying that after having followed the procedures in your above referenced site we have to sit on our hands and hope and pray to the PW gods for intervention?

I am truly sorry if this post places you in an awkward position. That is certainly not my intention. I realize you are fulfilling your job as Cryptic's face to their customers and you have always done a great job in that respect, and that these support issues are not under your purview. However, under the circumstances we literally have no one else to turn to or vent our frustrations on. So any further guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. At the very least please assure us that PW has been informed of your player base's deep dissatisfaction of their current Customer Support. Perhaps PW can increase their support staff or Cryptic can take back this responsibility from PW. I know I would be in favor of the latter.

Thanks for listening to my rant. Sorry, I'm just beyond exasperation at this point.
Starfleet Veteran
# 415
05-03-2013, 09:06 AM
In fairness I wish to report that a GM did get back to me the other day, I must have just missed his email when I checked my account before. He was very polite but said essentially, tough luck kid. However, I replied that there is still a misunderstanding by CS of all the facts so we are still in discussion. Since I haven't been dismissed totally out of hand, I have to give credit where credit is due. Now that they have finally responded, I at least feel that I am being treated with respect, so thank you PW Customer Support. And if someone from the company reading this forum helped to expedite my ticket, tyvm to you too.
Ensign
I have been trying for a while to enter a support ticket, but the 'page cannot be displayed'. So, here it is. Peanut Labs hasn't paid me the 117 zen for an offer I completed about what my Real Age is. They will not respond. I have a screen shot showing my real age, verifying the offer was completed, if required. It isn't a lot of zen, but I shouldn't have to spend 45 minutes to squeeze that much out and then not get it in the end, and then not be able to contact technical support on your site, either.
Career Officer
# 417
05-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Really annoying, been getting the run around from PWE Support with trying to get into the support website.

First response was reset cookies.
Second response was that Hey I see you have logged into the games, so it's all good.
Third response was to reset cookies again.

I am at the point of giving up, especially as I no longer need to actually access the support website, and just really see no point in trying to continue to get through. Am I just misunderstanding the 'resolve it manually' aspect to refer to the support site login issue?
Lt. Commander
# 418 Customer Service Please!
05-11-2013, 02:19 PM
It's all about CUSTOMER Service!

"I want to speak to your Supervisor!"
I just did that because at a very well known company - when you called Customer Service the 'customer' had to either say: "Supervisor" or ask to speak to them 3 times before I was allowed to transfer them. <G>

DDO (Dungeons & Dragons Online)/Turbine Started the Free To Play Model way back when. When they went down - they gave us subscribers some 'store items' and such. They seldom when down when I played. The only reason I am not playing does not have to do with the game itself, but the people within the game. Anyway - it's all about Customer Service. You gotta keep your customers happy! And that's what DDO/Turbine did by giving us those 'store items' and such There wasn't much - if any - negative 'feedback' from the customer base when the servers when down, not like here. Here we see threads running towards 500 comments well within a half an hour. That in itself should speak volumes to 'the powers that be.'

Here customers are getting upset and they 'want' and/or 'need' to vent their frustrations. Having the Mod come in and wipe/move/close threads is not a good thing because it just makes those whom are angry even more so. Resulting in 'your customers' getting fed up and now - starting to think of taking their business to some other company other than 'yours' - which means lost revenue/money and possibly a 'bad reputation.'
If there's that much 'negative feedback' - then there's something wrong with 'the way the business' is doing something. From a Customer Service Point of View that has to be fixed! From a "Companies Survival" point of view it has to be fixed!!! "You" as a company can't have this much negativity going on. Apply that 'negativity' to the customer base... And then divide that by 1/2. Then you got that many people "complaining" about 'your company.' I can go one more and more but hopefully "SOMEONE" gets the idea. The solution to this 'problem' has to become a priority. Here - 'you' may have to spend the big bucks and 'fix' what ever is causing all this down time that results with all of these posts. Don't forget about 'the future' either. If you're going to keep "Star Trek" and make it grow into possibly the biggest and longest standing MMO's the world has ever seen, then yes... You have to spend the bucks to resolve these issues. "You" have to show the customers that 'you care' enough to resolve these issues, and say so. If your up front and honest, that in itself gives you some 'clout' with "YOUR" customers.
The free stuff to subscribers thing is not happening here. I also seem to think that DDO/Turbine also 'extended' any subscriptions... Wife says they did but I don't actually remember it since it didn't happen very often. Anyway I think it may not happen here because those within 'sales' thinking it may hurt their sales... Donno actually <G>
Sure - giving out free stuff for down time does cost 'the company' some, but it helps sooth and satisfy the customer. What did I say? "It's all about Customer Service!"

"A Name" like "Star Trek" can only do so much, but then when a business gets a "Bad Reputation" then you really have to start 'spending money' in hopes of over coming that very negative thing. Many companies don't survive the Bad Rep thing. And therefore the 'good companies' try to avoid it at all costs.

I know about Customer Service, I've been in it for 35 years <G>
Captain
# 419
05-11-2013, 02:28 PM
I don't know what to tell you dude/tte... They just closed your your voting thread, which was against the rules in the first place yo! You shouldn't harbor any ill feelings because of that.

To add to that, nothing is perfect, you can't always be a happy customer. I apologize for living in reality. At the very least, you should give them credit for keeping us informed on their twitter/facebook page. They usually even provide the reason why there was a downtime. I doubt sto is the only game with the server that crashes all the time.

Anyways, be glad that at least they're doing the best they can to fix these issues and still be dedicated to providing us nerds with new awesome content. BTW, new content release was indeed to make you ranting nerds happy! It's only a small obstacle this content happen to screw over the little gerbil's heart.
Forum fun murdered. No longer in service.
Captain
# 420
05-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
I don't know what to tell you dude/tte... They just closed your your voting thread, which was against the rules in the first place yo! You shouldn't harbor any ill feelings because of that.

To add to that, nothing is perfect, you can't always be a happy customer. I apologize for living in reality. At the very least, you should give them credit for keeping us informed on their twitter/facebook page. They usually even provide the reason why there was a downtime. I doubt sto is the only game with the server that crashes all the time.

Anyways, be glad that at least they're doing the best they can to fix these issues and still be dedicated to providing us nerds with new awesome content. BTW, new content release was indeed to make you ranting nerds happy! It's only a small obstacle this content happen to screw over the little gerbil's heart.
In laymans terms ^^^^

You can please some of the people most of the time but cannot please all the people all of the time
Closed Thread