Ensign
# 11
04-06-2013, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Just in case you were not aware of this, the axis on the Klingon bank/exchange consoles is off the charts and you have to approach on the right-side on the console in order to get access to exchange/banking services. It doesn't react on the whole surface like the Fed. ones unfortunately.

If you knew this, please disregard this post. Maybe your char. is really bugged, I wanted to leave this here just in case you didn't knew about the issue with Klingon bank/exchange consoles.
I didn't have any problems accessing the bank on my new character, just my old one. It doesn't matter what side I'm on. And since I was only level 21 on this side, I'm deleting the character. lol
Republic Veteran
# 12
05-02-2013, 03:40 AM
KDF needs more costumes, without a doubt. The imbalance is pathetic. I can't even get a formal evening gown for my Orion, though my Vulcan has one costume slot that is used for the formal wear.

And KDF needs more COLOR options in costumes as well.
Commander
# 13
05-02-2013, 04:36 AM
I agree with the whole Orions need a formal costume option.

Orions, particularly the females, are a bit classy. They may wear skimpy outfits, but some do it with an air of class and sophistication. I also think they should be allowed to wear the outfits that Navaar, Maras and D'Nesh wore in Enterprise, as well as their dance emotes.

As for color options, I think it would be fantastic to have a more robust color pallette like the Federation does.
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
05-02-2013, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by protogoth View Post
And KDF needs more COLOR options in costumes as well.
You know, that always striked me as very strange. The Klingons, who don't have a particular formal code on what to wear in battle other than the sashes that depict their rank/role/house have such restrictive colouring scheme, while Federation players are allowed to make a mockery out of the proud Starfleet uniforms, colouring them in basically any colour of the spectre.
Go figure.
Looking for a genuine Star Trek experience?
Join the Klingon Empire! It will be glorious!
Republic Veteran
# 15
05-02-2013, 10:51 AM
There are a few things that I would do as far as costume options, that would benefit every one.

First, I would combine all costumes into two categories, Uniforms, and off duty. Anything faction specific would be placed into the uniform slots, while everything else wouldn't. this would cut down on the number of different types of outfits, like the Omega reputation armor, and the likes. this may involve some rework of existing items to work better with each other, but I think that is needed anyway.

second, I would add in a male and female generic officer that you can customize only the clothing options of so you can set a ship wide uniform dress code. This would also involve a new color added to the selector, which would be career color (class color) that way engineers would still be distinguishable from tactical. This would solve the issue of non bridge officer crew dressing differently.

Third, I would make every Boff have an off duty outfit that is selected when you select to wear and off duty uniform. or make it an option in the drop down menu when you change outfits. Example, Boff off duty/uniform selection button that toggles between the two. there can even be triggers in mission and locations where it will toggle it for you.

Fourth, take all the visuals from armor and gear and add it to the selection or off duty uniforms. This would serve to allow those equipment parts to be added to your list as you buy or collect them, and there should be a few default options available to players. They can still be toggled when equipped over standard uniforms.

Finally, I would make all off duty uniforms universal between factions and increase the amount available to choose from. That way Cryptic can add in uniforms to all factions at once. These options would include things from the show that aren't worn by the main factions, including outfits similar to the Orion outfits, mercenary and military styles that aren't consistent with KDF or Fed, and are worn by other species, and other selections in between. Many of these options could be unlocked from venders through out the game, like drozana station, DS9, and Nimbus III (when it launches with LoR) The dev team can add to this and no one would be left out, plus it adds the options to have non star trek outfits that would still be things found in universe, like futuristic armor, the actual armor looks we currently have, and other uniforms players have been asking for, including racgged and civilian styles that are in the shows.
Captain
# 16
05-02-2013, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
You know, that always striked me as very strange. The Klingons, who don't have a particular formal code on what to wear in battle other than the sashes that depict their rank/role/house have such restrictive colouring scheme, while Federation players are allowed to make a mockery out of the proud Starfleet uniforms, colouring them in basically any colour of the spectre.
Go figure.
LOL, that is so true in so many different levels. Even the movies of any particular ST era show quite a bit of variety between Klingons. Most especially TMP era.
Captain
# 17
05-02-2013, 05:31 PM
I would love to see more options on the KDF uniforms. Specially the TOS and others. I'm glad to see the warriors skirt. I'm after one of those as we speak. But there should me more to offer.
Career Officer
# 18
05-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Korath uniform is also available for Lobi, or EC on the exchange.

Time Traveler as well (though that one is cross-factional).

If you are in a Fleet with a Tier 3 Starbase, or can gain access to one, which also unlocked their tailor the Bortasqu' uniform is rather awesome.

I'm told there is a Romulan Senate Robe from any fleet with an Embassy 3 plus tailor, but that may still be locked out on the Klingon side.

There are also the reputation uniforms, but those are not part of the base uniform set for players and must be equipped as part of a separate costume type, one each for Omega and Klingon Honor Guard. There are some variants (4 in the case of KHG), but some find them difficult to obtain.

There sadly have been no "free" increases in uniform variations. I for one would like them to open up some of the options we see on NPCs, particularly where they are blending in robes for chest gear to the base Klingon uniforms (most notably in the Great Hall guards).
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.