Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,416
# 1 Klingon Ship Feedback
05-01-2013, 02:40 AM
B'Rolth-Class BoP: The Fourth Console slot gives it an unfair advantage in Tier 1 PvP. Should be in-line with the other Tier 1 ships where it's the 3 BOFF slots with an additional Console slot.

Kivra Shuttle: Personally glad the team listened in adding the Kivra (the old Toron model).

On a personal note, I would like the Kivra and the Toron to switch names. Since the Toron used in TNG was a shuttlepod, while the Kivra was only mentioned in an Ebook.




Future Possibilities:

Honestly, given you adding the B'Rolth to the roster as Tier 1.5 ships, why not take the time and finish adding the remaining canonical ships like the D4 and D5?


The D4 would be equivalent to the TOS Consitution (really should be the TOS D7), where it's has an additional Engineering Console. And the model could use a the Koro'tinga model (which was originally John Eaves D4 model), and upgrade the Koro'tinga with a newer look.

The D5 would be equivalent to the NX/Utopia with the additional Tactical Console.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 507
# 2
05-01-2013, 02:52 AM
Should point out that most cstore ships have fourth console slots at lt level and that ships like the steamrunner have 4 boff slots and andorian escort has 3 forward weapon slots. It may not be as unbalanced as you think, although do agree you have to buy from third parties to get steamrunner and andorian escort, making the cstore bop a bit overkill and more available.

In tier 1 pvp though, Romulan BOP's are OP due to plasma weapons, with this ship trailing behind. At ltcmdr it's even worse because quite literally, why would you use anything other than a Romulan Warbird at that level?
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,416
# 3
05-01-2013, 03:41 PM
See this is a PERFECT example of the Power Creep in STO.

These ships were designed in a time when there was no Tier 1 or Tier 2 KDF PvP. Thus there was no real need for balance. Now you got these new ships with +1 BOFF slot that gives it a slight advantage over older C-Store ships and the vanilla Miranda and B'rel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitzh View Post
In tier 1 pvp though, Romulan BOP's are OP due to plasma weapons, with this ship trailing behind. At ltcmdr it's even worse because quite literally, why would you use anything other than a Romulan Warbird at that level?
Plasma Weapons aren't as OP, but the Singularity Plasma burst is. But most experienced players will have Hazzard Emitters nowdays that negates it's usefulness.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 242
# 4
05-01-2013, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Kivra Shuttle: Personally glad the team listened in adding the Kivra (the old Toron model).

.
o rly.

Thats GREAT to know. Im weird but that was literally my favorite ship in the game. I was shocked when a while back I logged in and couldnt figure out why I was now in some ugly ship I had never seen before. Good to have it back!
PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,416
# 5
05-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnlbrtnfrnt View Post
o rly.

Thats GREAT to know. Im weird but that was literally my favorite ship in the game. I was shocked when a while back I logged in and couldnt figure out why I was now in some ugly ship I had never seen before. Good to have it back!
Yeah, people were like, "you redid the Toron, but why didn't you keep the old model around as a new shuttle?" So better late than never.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,945
# 6
05-01-2013, 05:56 PM
the brel refit has the opposite of the oberth console, effecting the other 2 subsytems. hardly out of line.

the tier 2 bop refit, that aoe field ability that drains shields, i dunno about that thing...


hopefully there will be more kdf fleet ships at launch, so many raptors and bops and even a battle cruiser left that needs a fleet version
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 677
# 7
05-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
B'Rolth-Class BoP: The Fourth Console slot gives it an unfair advantage in Tier 1 PvP. Should be in-line with the other Tier 1 ships where it's the 3 BOFF slots with an additional Console slot.

Kivra Shuttle: Personally glad the team listened in adding the Kivra (the old Toron model).

On a personal note, I would like the Kivra and the Toron to switch names. Since the Toron used in TNG was a shuttlepod, while the Kivra was only mentioned in an Ebook.




Future Possibilities:

Honestly, given you adding the B'Rolth to the roster as Tier 1.5 ships, why not take the time and finish adding the remaining canonical ships like the D4 and D5?


The D4 would be equivalent to the TOS Consitution (really should be the TOS D7), where it's has an additional Engineering Console. And the model could use a the Koro'tinga model (which was originally John Eaves D4 model), and upgrade the Koro'tinga with a newer look.

The D5 would be equivalent to the NX/Utopia with the additional Tactical Console.
Seriously like PvP at tier 1-4 is lively and stuff, not to mention FvK is pretty dead often at tier 5....
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 80
# 8
05-02-2013, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Kivra Shuttle: Personally glad the team listened in adding the Kivra (the old Toron model).

On a personal note, I would like the Kivra and the Toron to switch names. Since the Toron used in TNG was a shuttlepod, while the Kivra was only mentioned in an Ebook.
Second on this, especially the switcheroo with the names. Personally I was wondering why we weren't originally given the runabout-like one as a free extra small craft as opposed to changing the costumes on everyone's shuttles, but I'm glad to see the old shuttle placed back in our hands. I look forward to my Toron being reinstated to its former glory.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 507
# 9
05-02-2013, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post
Seriously like PvP at tier 1-4 is lively and stuff, not to mention FvK is pretty dead often at tier 5....
Considering that tier 5 is pretty much a joke it's no surprise that tier 1-4 pvp is becoming much more lively and popular.
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:24 AM.