Career Officer
# 451
05-01-2013, 08:21 PM
Speaking for Rear Admiral Lower and Upper, those are real ranks that are below Vice Admiral. With us progressing to Fleet Admiral soon (please do not add a new tier of ships), Admiral is the rank between Vice and Fleet Admiral. Thus if 40-44 is Rear Admiral Lower, 45-49 is Rear Admiral Upper, I can only assume that 50-54 is Vice Admiral, 55-59 is Admiral and 60 is Fleet Admiral.

To be honest, I think the highest rank you could be, should be Captain and that Admiral ranks would be something reserved for fleet officers. When has Star Trek been about the heroic adventures or an admiral, the only example would be Kirk, but that was a great demonstration on how to get demoted.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Captain
# 452
05-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I could be mistaken, so don't hold me to it, but I believe the tech to just call you "Rear Admiral" is coming with Legacy of Romulus, regardless of being "Upper" or "Lower". I'll still pass along your (and the posts above this one) feedback!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Will that tech evolve into the tech to have NPCs call you by whatever title you choose? E.g. "Captain" or "Tal Shiar's Most Wanted"?

Better yet, implement a different rank structure that either ends at captain, or just has different levels of captain "clearance". I get that you want to tie our leveling in to the show's ranks for some reason, but I think many people would prefer to just be a captain.
Career Officer
# 453
05-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Ah, good to be back, after 6mo away from STO.. or any PC game I've returned. My aunt favored me with an old (2yo) Office Comp. After a few tweaks (Added my old Graphics card and hard drive from a friend) to the new PC and hopefully it'll run STO (And SWToR which I was playing before my old PC died).

Now on to Buisness.. As a Lifter, I don't think we should get too much extra. When I purchased LTS (Founder) they only said we "May" get other things along the way. The only thing we were Guaranteed along with Non-LTS was not having to play for the expansions and our playable Borg, we were also supposed to have exclusive access to that traswarpy base thingy (Which was also made available to Vets) which did annoy me a bit, but since no-one ever went ther, no real great loss. As they stated the expansion is free so thats fine.

As for the special ships and whatnot, No I don't think we should get them free, Maybe a little something like the afforementiond Reman/Romulan playable borg or something but as a LTS I've more than gotten what I've paid for which is not having to pay a sub, get 500zen/cp per mo etc. etc.

As to the above post(s) I agree about the titles.. We have way to many VA's running around. The structure should be set back to Captain being the highest rank with VA reserved for the leader of a Fleet (or additionally the fleets leadership). I'd be quite happy just being called "Captain".. or even.. "Hey you". Seeing everyone as VA's (And counting the ones I've deleted I've hade.. um.. 5-8 VA's) really doesn't make alot of sense. Also I like the idea of being called by whatever title/perk I have selected at the time (Which oddly enough is usually Captain, though I have used some of the others as a whim)

At least they are finally releasing this. Just as the Cathar are finally comming to Bio Ware's SWToR. They are keeping up their end of the bargain and I for one am happy about that at least. Keep up the good work Cryptic, will be checking out Neverwinter soon too as it looks like you guys did a nice job on it. Never got to use my Closed Beta invite for that as that was the day my old PC died, but since you're in Open Beta now I hope to look into it soon.
Lieutenant
# 454
05-02-2013, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Updated the rank names in the FAQ:

Q: How do ship tiers and player rank compare to my Romulan character's level?
A: The tiers, ranks, and levels match up like this:
Tier 1 = Romulan Civilian (Levels 0-4)
Tier 1 = Romulan Lieutenant (Levels 5-9)
Tier 2 = Romulan Centurion (Levels 10-19)
Tier 3 = Romulan Subcommander (Levels 20-29)
Tier 4 = Romulan Commander (Levels 30-39)
Tier 5 = Romulan Subadmiral I (Levels 40-44)
Tier 5 = Romulan Subadmiral II (Levels 45-49)
Tier 5 = Romulan Vice Admiral (Level 50)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
What now add a lower rank to get rid of the I/II:

Civilian
Sub-lieutenant (link)
Lieutenant
Centurion
Subcommander
Commander
Subadmiral
Vice Admiral
Commander
# 455
05-02-2013, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Updated the rank names in the FAQ:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Isn't "Civilian" called "Citizen" now?
STOWiki admin.
Empire Veteran
# 456
05-02-2013, 06:18 AM
Quote:
I could be mistaken, so don't hold me to it, but I believe the tech to just call you "Rear Admiral" is coming with Legacy of Romulus, regardless of being "Upper" or "Lower".
In the real world, the form of address is still 'Admiral'.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Lieutenant
# 457
05-02-2013, 06:41 AM
It would be great if the tech would just call you "Admiral," just as was done in all the TV shows and movies.

Spock never said "Welcome aboard, Rear Admiral Kirk."
Lt. Commander
# 458
05-02-2013, 10:43 AM
So you are taking payments for these packs, yet you have not even disclosed the statistics of the ships or any details on specifications? Classic 'give us your $$$ now and we'll throw you a bone later' PW approach. The only thing that's really 'free' about this game is the storyline which is arguably the worst part about it besides the bugs. Was hoping to see the constant poking and prodding to spend real money in this game take a backseat to this new expansion so we could actually enjoy playing Star Trek again but alas, you need your hands in our pockets while this thing is still in beta!? Some things never change.
____

The o3 - Killed you good
Captain
# 459
05-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trellabor View Post
So you are taking payments for these packs, yet you have not even disclosed the statistics of the ships or any details on specifications? Classic 'give us your $$$ now and we'll throw you a bone later' PW approach. The only thing that's really 'free' about this game is the storyline which is arguably the worst part about it besides the bugs. Was hoping to see the constant poking and prodding to spend real money in this game take a backseat to this new expansion so we could actually enjoy playing Star Trek again but alas, you need your hands in our pockets while this thing is still in beta!? Some things never change.
You're not required to buy either Pack to play as a Romulan. The Packs are just C-Store bundles you can buy for a 30% discount. If you don't want to buy them you can simply buy the items individually on the C-Store at launch - assuming you even want the items. The only things exclusive to the Packs are the titles and the Romulan Doff 4-pack.

Your not forced to buy anything. You're not forced to pre-order anything. You're not even forced to play as a Rom if you're not interested. And you can even use existing T1-T4 ships you've already bought on a allied Romulan. Cryptic's basically made it as simple as possible to not spend money.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Survivor of Romulus
# 460
05-02-2013, 10:52 AM
how do i know if preordered. and when do i pay for it if that is the case.
don't want to know i did not preorder it when it is out.
Closed Thread