Survivor of Romulus
# 21
05-02-2013, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Yes, that is correct. Still gives all the same DOFFs though.
Well I was hoping to buy a bunch with my current players with their excess of fleet credits and stick them in the bank for my Romulans, but oh well. Thanks for the answers guys!
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Empire Veteran
# 22
05-02-2013, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Well I was hoping to buy a bunch with my current players with their excess of fleet credits and stick them in the bank for my Romulans, but oh well. Thanks for the answers guys!
Indeed. Shame they aren't account bound. But the DOFFs you get aren't bound, so if you open the boxes, you can still mail the DOFFs to yourself. It's an extremely annoying and slow process, but it can work.

Captain
# 23
05-02-2013, 11:16 AM
Yes, you can send doffs in the mail - it's time consuming but it does give you a much needed boost and way to spend those fleet credits.

One note about fleet doffs: check them before you donate. Some uncommon doffs sell up to 300K - so don't donate them to you fleet, sell them instead and buy 3x more of what you need. Takes a few minutes to watch for.

Dilithium is the only thing (other than ec and unbound gear) you can share between characters. It appears to work on Tribble.
HAIL HYDRA! Kirk's Protege 10/26/13 http://www.dtfleet.com
Survivor of Romulus
# 24
05-02-2013, 03:30 PM
Good suggestions, thanks!

Hey mimey, how about a DOFF system guide? I'm sure there's more strategy that I could put into it than I am now.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Ensign
# 25 nice
05-02-2013, 08:41 PM
Good read Mimey. Just wondering where u have the time to write these guides AND manage our starbase. kudos bro
Empire Veteran
# 26
05-03-2013, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardless77 View Post
Good read Mimey. Just wondering where u have the time to write these guides AND manage our starbase. kudos bro
Thanks Fourth. It was some mondo work, but well worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Good suggestions, thanks!

Hey mimey, how about a DOFF system guide? I'm sure there's more strategy that I could put into it than I am now.
A DOFF system guide? Phew, that would be a BIG project. It's also just not an area I know enough about in detail. I mean, I know enough to do it pretty well, and DOFF on my own...but an all-encompassing guide? I like the idea, but I don't feel it's something I want to look at.

I have however been thinking about a trio of new guides, in a way. These wouldn't be large guides, but starter guides on each of the three factions. It'd be made a few weeks after (at the earliest) LoR was released. But in these smaller guides I would talk about the advantages, playstyles, and general ship choices of each faction, and other details folks might really want me to add in.

In the meantime however, what do you all think of me adding in a section on EVERYTHING you can buy from the Starbase/Embassy? Not a list of prices, but some info on what all this stuff actually does. I would skip over fleet ships though, but I would talk about everything else.

This idea is mostly so that way people can decide if they even wanna bother getting those things. Like the Op Assets are fun toys to use (I'm REALLY REALLY looking forward to using Scimitar Reinforcements in a few days), but cannot be used outside of a few missions. Or the Skill Boosts you can buy are nice, but it can take a long long time to get to the higher tier ones. Along with some general info on what all the Advanced and Elite level gear can do.

(On that as well, can someone link me a pic to all the Elite Fed pets as well? I know there's been a couple posts on em, but I can't remember where those threads were now)

What do you all think of that?

Empire Veteran
# 27
06-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Well, once the dilithium mine is added, I will be going over it with a fine tooth comb and seeing how it affects things regarding the projects and such.

So we'll see what happens with it.

Empire Veteran
# 28
07-05-2013, 12:34 AM
Well, now that life finally allowed me a breather, I was able to write a new section in regards to the Dilthium mine. Feel free to check it out on the first page of this thread, 3rd post down.

Starfleet Veteran
# 29
07-05-2013, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
21,000 Fleet Marks
2,000,000 Dilithium
2,500,000 Expertise
13,000 Seismic Stabilizers
10,000 Terraforming Systems
1,000 Embassy Provisions
Its 25.000.000 Expertise (yes, its not a typo.)
Great work and a must read.
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Empire Veteran
# 30
07-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones1970 View Post
Its 25.000.000 Expertise (yes, its not a typo.)
Great work and a must read.
Right, forgot about that after all this time. Thank you, I have fixed that error.