Captain
# 461
05-02-2013, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by waaagh951 View Post
how do i know if preordered. and when do i pay for it if that is the case.
don't want to know i did not preorder it when it is out.
You go to the Pack page HERE.

You decide which one you want and then click on the Buy Now link. That takes you to a page where you can pay with Skrill or Paypals. As it's a pre-order you must pay for it before LoR goes live.

Once the transaction is complete you will get emails stating such. You will also be able to see the Pack listed under My Wallet on the PWE site - which can be found under Charge Zen at the top right of this page.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.

Last edited by thecosmic1; 05-02-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 462
05-02-2013, 10:19 AM
thanks. now i know my preorder did not happen. time to preorder it then
Survivor of Romulus
# 463
05-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
You go to the Pack page HERE.

You decide which one you want and then click on the Buy Now link. That takes you to a page where you can pay with Skrill or Paypals. As it's a pre-order you must pay for it before LoR goes live.

Once the transaction is complete you will get emails stating such. You will also be able to see the Pack listed under My Wallet on the PWE site - which can be found under Charge Zen at the top right of this page.
you are in my eyes a hero. many thanks! you have my eternal gratitude
Ensign
# 464 ummmmm ok?
05-02-2013, 07:18 PM
forgive me if i'm wrong but you say the expansion is free to play, so what's up with the 124 dollars, i hope this game isn't taking a step towards pay to win. I mean i just started playing this game and it seems decent to me and i don't know if it's really pay to win right now, but if the new expansion is free to play then it certainly seems like people paying 124 bucks will have an advantage.
Captain
# 465
05-02-2013, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fear1202 View Post
forgive me if i'm wrong but you say the expansion is free to play, so what's up with the 124 dollars, i hope this game isn't taking a step towards pay to win. I mean i just started playing this game and it seems decent to me and i don't know if it's really pay to win right now, but if the new expansion is free to play then it certainly seems like people paying 124 bucks will have an advantage.
The legacy pack just unlocks alot of the zen priced goodies like reman BO's playable remans and some c-store ships its not pay to win its just an unlockable pack a very expensive one lol
Captain
# 466
05-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fear1202 View Post
The Legacy Pack is a C-Store bundle sale. Cryptic has put $181.00 worth of upcoming Romulan C-Store items into a bundle and is selling it for $125.00. If you buy it all once you get it for 30% off. You can buy it in the C-Store individually, and not on sale, when LoR launches on the 21st. The only things you cannot buy in the C-Store are the Titles and the 4-pack of Rom doffs.

You don't need any of it to play a Romulan any more then you need any of the existing C-Store items to play a Federation or Klingon character. Yes, having some of the items can give you a bit of an advantage, but it's not required. And you can always buy any wanted item via Dilithium grinding at a later date if you feel you must have it.

As far as it being Pay To Win, the game has been that way since it launched over 3 years ago and started selling C-Store items. Of course one has to ask what are you winning? If you don't PvP then you're not winning anything as you can do any of the PvE content as easily with free items as you can purchased items.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Ensign
Hi I used skrill to buy the cheaper pack, it just asked me for email and city then processed and said finished, that was 2 days again and I received no receipt in the email and no money has left any of my accounts.

Is there a way to see if I have sucessfully bought it, and if not has anyone had experience with skrill, how long should I wait before assuming they processed it wrong and I should try something like Paypal instead?

Thanks
Captain
# 468
05-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by narclus View Post
Hi I used skrill to buy the cheaper pack, it just asked me for email and city then processed and said finished, that was 2 days again and I received no receipt in the email and no money has left any of my accounts.

Is there a way to see if I have sucessfully bought it, and if not has anyone had experience with skrill, how long should I wait before assuming they processed it wrong and I should try something like Paypal instead?

Thanks
If you're a new customer Skrill can take a day or so to process your first transaction, but it should show up as "payment review" under My Wallet. If you don't see any indication of a transaction there could be a problem. It might even have been declined. Skrill can be very finicky, IME. Skrill doesn't even work in all 50 states in the US.

You can also confirm your purchase by simply going back to the Legacy Pack site HERE. If your transaction was successful you should see a little pop-up on the right side of the screen saying "Thank you for supporting STO! You may still purchase the Legacy Pack for additional content!" The Buy Now button on the Standard Pack will also be blacked-out so that you can't buy the same Pack twice.

If it's not showing up as bought on the Legacy Pack site, and having gone 2 days now - and them being work days rather than weekend days - I would say try doing it using Paypal - especially if you see no indication of any transaction in My Wallet.

Last edited by thecosmic1; 05-03-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Survivor of Remus
# 469 question about the Legacy Pack
05-04-2013, 02:31 PM
I'm not sure if this was asked, and there was no clear answer when I asked it earlier...

I bought the legacy pack and it downloaded a file, and when I went to click on it to see what would happen, it looked like it was going to start installing Star Trek Online.

What exactly is the file that downloaded? Is it different than the Legacy of Romulus patch? Will the Legacy Patch be a different file?
Career Officer
# 470
05-04-2013, 02:52 PM
One question... will also the Keys be available only after May 21st? Because I can't claim them now, and would love to be sure that it's fine .
Closed Thread