Career Officer
# 91
05-03-2013, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaynb View Post
Very cool story. Nice character. The problem is that he's not MY character.

/snip

Thanks for reading my wall.
Such a beatiful wall indeed
Commander
# 92 Continuity Error!
05-03-2013, 01:11 AM
I knew something was bugging me about Tovan Khev's background... Virinat was supposed to be an already established agricultural colony around 2387 and not colonized post-Hobus supernova.

This is based on the Memory Beta on the Imperial Romulan State. Virinat is one of the planets claimed by Donatra.

Legacy of Romulus - Closed Beta - Round 1 Playtester
Captain
# 93
05-03-2013, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
companion style boffs are a welcome addition though, especially if they get VO as well.

Would be nice to see the Feds and Klingons get one somehow? Perhaps in a future FE series somehow?
I'm not sure how I feel about this , and I'm even more unsure how I'd feel if this was intorduced into my Fed-Kdf play .

I mean I already have First Officers ... some whom I have chosen , some that are 'just there' .
This is an attempt at SWTOR , and frankly I'd like more STF/PVP content then messing up my game time even more .

Plus I can certaiunly understand the Rommy fans who have planned out their bridge crews in advance who may not welcome playing out 40 levels of Tovan Khev's adventures .

But hey , that's nothing if Cryptic can pat themselfs on the back and say : "Look , we've gone & done SWTOR at the fraction of the cost/manpower ! Yey us !"
Big whoop .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .

Last edited by aelfwin1; 05-03-2013 at 01:32 AM.
Captain
# 94
05-03-2013, 01:23 AM
This is a nice addition, and it adds to the story of the romulan side missions.

It may not be a story for all the people, but it sure beats the "Admiral X : Go here, shoot this" stories.

As for TOR, Neverwinter has the same crafting system. Just your neverwinter characters have more health and deal more damage.

Still, over all this is a good idea.

However.... could we change Tovan Khev's outfit? I'm totally fine with his face and hairstyle being un-alterable, but it would be nice if we could give him an upgraded uniform , which makes sense storywise, as I think he joins the Republic with you.

I don't see D'Tan going : Here are your uniforms...no, not you Khev. You are not getting a uniform. Just wear that ragged refugee outfit!
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Lt. Commander
# 95
05-03-2013, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malakhglitch View Post
I knew something was bugging me about Tovan Khev's background... Virinat was supposed to be an already established agricultural colony around 2387 and not colonized post-Hobus supernova.

This is based on the Memory Beta on the Imperial Romulan State. Virinat is one of the planets claimed by Donatra.
Spoiler...

After Hobus event many refugees came to Virinat, more than the planet could sustain. Soon fighting started, all the cities got destroyed and eventually most people left the planet. The colony we see in game was created after those events. This backstory is in the game, you have to use a console to read about it or talk to the keeper of lore (barmaid), I'm not sure, but it is explained somewhere.
I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
where R.S.E. is what it always should be.
Career Officer
# 96
05-03-2013, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerashari View Post
Or better yet, a story dictated parting (not death perse, just yknow he has his own ship and own stuff to do).

I'll just IDIC him out of my chara's history.
or if Cryptic could be bothered to do the system properly, unlikely, give us a selection of 'storied' BOFFs in the tutorial...
Next time you log in, ask yourself this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStahl
If you can't have fun, then what is the point?
Lieutenant
# 97
05-03-2013, 06:33 AM
For those who dont know Toren Khev is a purple boff you get first and as soem kind of story thing going on he also as a very good skill set. I do however prefer to make my own crew with their own back stories, I do not wish to have any "forced" upon me.

At the moment you can't dismisss him, you can't rename him or change his appearance and as I have said he does have skills, so why would I , so it kinds feels hes been forced onto me.
Starfleet Veteran
# 98
05-03-2013, 07:00 AM
Despite being limited time rewards, I deleted the jem'hadar, breen and reman BOFFs about three weeks after getting them purely because I can't customize them. So please, PLEASE let us customize Gary Stu here, if nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
I don't see D'Tan going : Here are your uniforms...no, not you Khev. You are not getting a uniform. Just wear that ragged refugee outfit!
On the other hand, I can totally see him saying 'Here are your uniforms...no, not you Khev, at least not until you learn to recognise who's the captain and follow orders, then you can wear grown up clothes'.
Survivor of Romulus
# 99
05-03-2013, 07:00 AM
He needs to have a uniform (at the moment he looks like he belongs on firefly)
Empire Veteran
# 100
05-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Here is something you people failed to mention.

You cannot get rid of him ... ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnlbrtnfrnt View Post
And he never shuts up.
Really? Really they are going to recreate the problems that made SWTOR so boring?

As someone said, one of the great things about STO was this is my story. I don't want my First Officer determined for me. I want to choose and customize who my crew is. Maybe I can get a refund on my Legacy pack...
- Formerly Varrangian