Empire Veteran
# 221
05-03-2013, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eristhevorta View Post
Both KDF and FED misunderstand the main goal of this zone: To scan 8 nodes and kill 4 hulks to win the mission and get the first place optionally. FEDs farm cubes and additional hulks for purrple MK XII cunsoles, while KDFs don't even try to get the mission done and just shoot the FEDs and even say that they have no interest in doing the mission.

That's why Kerrat must get n00k'd as soon as possible. It does no good, it's only upsetting basically everyone. Not just the FED's, also the KDF.
Not true. We KDF always attempt to do the mission.
Heck, I even described the tactics we use to that end.
I know of no KDF fan who is upset over the purpose of Kerrat.

The only things that need nuking are the bugs/glitches of Kerrat.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 222
05-03-2013, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejaymac View Post
I can understand why some of the feds can get so upset about Ker'rat, they can get into it almost from the minute they leave ESD for the first time, and from lvl 1 to 19 it's the feds against the borg, so for them it's just a PVE farming zone. The brown stuff only hits the fan when they get to lvl20, as that's when we can get into Ker'rat, and that's when it becomes what it's meant to be, a PVP warzone were both factions do what ever it takes to beat the other side to win the mission.

If what I hear about the expansion is true then it will change Ker'rat for the better, as we will be able to start toons from lvl1 instead of the lvl20 it currently is, that way it doesn't matter what the "rank" cap on an instance is, as we will be able to be in there at the same rank as the feds, so it will be a PVP warzone no matter what rank you are.
You will love ot. Low level Kerrat PvP is awesome.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Lt. Commander
# 223
05-03-2013, 05:16 AM
Personally I can't wait for low-level PvP in Ker'rat. It'll be Mirandas v. B'rels, Connies v. K'Tancos, Sabers v. Somraws; and it will be glorious.
Captain
# 224
05-03-2013, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by terloki View Post
Personally I can't wait for low-level PvP in Ker'rat. It'll be Mirandas v. B'rels, Connies v. K'Tancos, Sabers v. Somraws; and it will be glorious.
I still remember PVP in the early days of STO. The lower level tiers were popping quite nicely on the queues. IMO, around the Captain levels was where PVP was its most "purest." Before you got to BGen level (max at the time), where the stupid gimmicks started showing up.

Back when stuff like Sovereigns, Galaxies, Negh'Vars, Vor'Chas, and such were common place and STO PVP actually looked like "Star Trek" than some weird mashup from random things grabbed from different sources.

Those were the days...
Captain
# 225
05-03-2013, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolvenshire View Post
Going to be funny when the Klingons go up against the Romulan ships.

The only thing that makes me mad is, if my Fed ship does explode, I always respawn in a different instance. Want to go back to the fun, dang it!. lol
Nothing really is going to change.

The KDF know how the cloak works, when and not to use it. Matter of fact, the Feds will be a whole bag of LOL when they get their Romulan footstools in place. You will simply have alot of fools from Starfleet / Romulus popping in using their Battlecloaks and getting themselves vaporized with exposed hulls.

Also this: The predominantly "Farming" nature of the Federation side of the game going into Kerrat. What do you need to do to farm? That's right... decloak.

The PVE-minded, Farmer Dan nature of Starfleet in Kerrat doesn't really change the equation, no matter what toys Starfleet gets. Even if you did get battlecloaks to every single ship in the Romulan and Starfleet lineup. You guys are farmers, first and foremost, and will expose yourselves to attack, first and foremost.
Lt. Commander
# 226
05-03-2013, 08:13 AM
You know what we need to keep the poor little Feddies on track that this is a PvP zone? All those juicy PvP dilithium missions the Klingons get. Kill x number of Klingon ships, die x number of times, good luck charm, stuff like that. Do that and I think the Feds would stop thinking of it as a PvE zone where they can get ganked, and as an actual WAR zone. Which it is.
Career Officer
# 227
05-03-2013, 10:53 AM
The worst part of Kerrat is the darn random spawns, I hate spawning with the KDF (or being spawn camped, before my ship has sufficient power lvls) that is the only thing that bugs me.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Lt. Commander
# 228
05-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Ker'rat will be even more of a mess with the Romulans on both sides....or less of a mess...we shall see.
Lt. Commander
# 229
05-03-2013, 11:47 AM
We all should just chill out and eat some Pizza! xD
Captain
# 230
05-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theeishtmo View Post
You know what we need to keep the poor little Feddies on track that this is a PvP zone? All those juicy PvP dilithium missions the Klingons get. Kill x number of Klingon ships, die x number of times, good luck charm, stuff like that. Do that and I think the Feds would stop thinking of it as a PvE zone where they can get ganked, and as an actual WAR zone. Which it is.
If that ever happened, kerrat would die out very quickly. First of all, cryptic would be forced to implement it as a queue mission. Why? Well for the simple reason that feds outnumber the kdf like what... 1000 to 1? If left as is currently, kdf will be spawn camped to death, doesn't matter how bad fed fail builds are.
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard

Fear the KDF!