Starfleet Veteran
# 11
05-02-2013, 08:29 PM
I liked being able to actually walk around the Enterprise's Bridge at my own pace and check out all the consoles. I liked being able to look out the main viewscreen/ window.

I liked being able to walk around the Shuttle Bay at my own pace and check out everything there. When you are there it feels like you are in the movie.

In the space battles, the Enterprise responds with ALL weapons rapid firing at the target in a cut scene just like the movie. You get to guide a torpedo home on target. You get to repulse boarding pods with your shields.

I'm hoping I get to the engine room sometime during the game.

You get to go down to a failing station in orbit of a Binary Star and dodge solar flares as it's shields flux.

In short it's the equivalent of ALL of STO's content in one game.

I don't think it plays anything like Mass Effect, I have yet to finish those games.

If you even remotely liked the Movie, you will like the game.

JJ Haters need not apply.
Captain
# 12
05-03-2013, 04:39 AM
As I've mentioned in another thread on the subject:

weak story, nice voiceovers (at least the english version), space combat is nothing more than a rail shooter, bugged (falling through the floor, getting stuck in walls etc...), bad AI, a few years behind the competition as far as gameplay and graphics go, bad support.

If you've played any other current 3rd Person PC game in the past 4-5 years, you'll be disappointed.

It would be worth playing through if one were able to sell it afterwards. ?49 for the PC version and being forced to keep it is just too much.
Empire Veteran
# 13
05-03-2013, 05:27 AM
im not even going to bother with it even when it goes to bargin bin.

angry joe says it well. it has so much potential but flops big time.