Lieutenant
# 11
04-24-2013, 12:45 PM
Um that photonic decoy is awesome. Hit evasive manuvers and that and you pretty much get away each time. Also the console can be placed on any ship.
Trimen Ranger
Admiral Federation Tactical Corps
>Star Fleet Elite Force< Click if you are ready to boldy go where no one has gone before.
Seek not the final frontier if you fear the unknown. -Admiral Trimen Ranger
Lieutenant
# 12
04-24-2013, 09:27 PM
Okay, I'll admit it, I jumped the gun a bit on this one. I guess my problem here is all the downsides to the console that aren't listed as part of its effect that normally would be and have a huge impact on how you use it. Well, that and my preconceptions about it. I'll give it another try, but it still rather irks me. I feel kind of like Cryptic lied to me be listing only the good that comes with activating this console when there's so much that's inherently bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
I think the OP never seen emission seeking torpedo in action.
I have, I actually use it quite frequently on my low level toons. After all, what's not to like about being able to fire both fore AND aft torpedoes at the same target simultaneously? Admittedly, I'd only use it at higher levels if I knew I was going to run into a flock of B'rels while on a team, but it's still fun to use in story missions.
Captain
# 13
04-26-2013, 09:31 PM
ok seriously, the most useless power? has to be ramming speed or abandon ship.
Empire Veteran
# 14
04-26-2013, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteguy904 View Post
Ramming Speed is awesome. Another way to run for it! Abandon Ship though is utterly useless... It is rare that you even get it to work and even if you do the resulting damage hardly does a thing.

As for this console though, you could have placed any number of better consoles in its place. Sure it can distract someone for a split second but if they are any good they will have your decoy unlocked or shredded in the blink of an eye and be back on you before you can say: "OMGWTFBBQ!"

Also anything that ignores direct targeting, FAW, Point Defense (Either of them), Lotus, Tractor Repulsers, Spread, Scatter Volley, Warp Plasma, etc... Will still rip you apart and will do so much faster once you hit this console.

As for the Emissions Seeking Torp... Oh man... That is another piece of utter garbage... I have lived through that on my B'rel so apparently it is so weak that it is not even worth considering. The most fun I ever had with that though was watching someone hit my Bortasqu' with it! LOL!... A few seconds later and they were space dust but even THEY admitted to me in a PM that seeing THAT decloak scared them LOL. It is like throwing a stone and hitting a Dragon in the head when you were after a sparrow.
Captain
# 15
04-27-2013, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteguy904 View Post
Yeah, abandon ship is pretty useless...even if it were to do some decent damage, by the time you explode you're either dead anyways or have been healed up and blowing yourself into pieces has become unnecessary.

As far as bad consoles go, the Enhanced Plasma manifold from the Oberth is up there, too. It shares the global 1-minute cooldown with batteries, has a 3 minute regular cooldown (normal battery: 2 minutes), only raises power setting on shield and aux by +25 (normal Shield battery: +75 power AND +shield regeneration) while taking up a console slot.

If it would have been a consumable, like the Red Matter Capacitator, it would be ok, but slotting something worse than a 5 EC vendor battery into a console slot is just a complete waste.
Commander
# 16
05-03-2013, 09:34 AM
get that sci power that makes you temporarily invulnerable go ramming speed. let the lols ensue. no sif or hull repair so your hull go below 50% quick. also nadion inversion keeps pesky power drains away if I member correctly..
Lyndon Brewer: 20% chance to capture enemy ship for 60 seconds on successful use of boarding party.

cause sometimes its party time!
Captain
# 17
05-03-2013, 02:39 PM
BOFF abilities?

Tykien's Rift. Power drain is a joke. Gravity pull is a joke. Hull damage even at center is a joke. NPC ships LOL as they move away from the center without slowing down. This ability was nerfed mercilessly less than a handful of months after STO released in 2009 and has never recovered.

Or pretty much almost all SCI BOFF abilities outside of Tractor Beams.
Empire Veteran
# 18
05-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lykum View Post
get that sci power that makes you temporarily invulnerable go ramming speed. let the lols ensue. no sif or hull repair so your hull go below 50% quick. also nadion inversion keeps pesky power drains away if I member correctly..
You can also hit Ramming Speed, then hit Brace for Impact and heal yourself up fast and go slam into someone. After you have hit the button for Ramming it does not matter if you are over 50% anymore. LOL

But the Quantum Bubble with Ramming Speed on the Vesta is a fun combo.

Last edited by hasukurobi; 05-03-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Commander
# 19
05-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasukurobi View Post
You can also hit Ramming Speed, then hit Brace for Impact and heal yourself up fast and got slam into someone. After you have hit the button for Ramming it does not matter if you are over 50% anymore. LOL

But the Quantum Bubble with Ramming Speed on the Vesta is a fun combo.
hm terrific idea. what im thinking of I read sometime ago. not sure if it's a set bonus power or what. wish I could remember someone please help can't even remember where I read it...
Lyndon Brewer: 20% chance to capture enemy ship for 60 seconds on successful use of boarding party.

Commander
# 20
05-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
Yeah, abandon ship is pretty useless...even if it were to do some decent damage, by the time you explode you're either dead anyways or have been healed up and blowing yourself into pieces has become unnecessary.

As far as bad consoles go, the Enhanced Plasma manifold from the Oberth is up there, too. It shares the global 1-minute cooldown with batteries, has a 3 minute regular cooldown (normal battery: 2 minutes), only raises power setting on shield and aux by +25 (normal Shield battery: +75 power AND +shield regeneration) while taking up a console slot.

If it would have been a consumable, like the Red Matter Capacitator, it would be ok, but slotting something worse than a 5 EC vendor battery into a console slot is just a complete waste.
Abandon Ship wouldn't be so useless if my signature were an actual duty officer buff!!