Ensign
# 21
02-13-2013, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by batchimp007 View Post
I have this problem. I've come back after a several months break but I can't remember my cryptic account info so can't log in to link it and when I try to recover it I get sent on that never ending circle. I've had to make a new account to post hear but because its new I can't even start a thread of my own to ask for help.

This sucks. Can anyone help?
Read my previous post, immediately before yours. You can use that link to reset your Cryptic information.
Lieutenant
# 22
04-21-2013, 02:10 PM
I'm stuck with the same problem as the op! Last time I played was not long after it went to F2P.

I can access my cryptic info but no-where on that site does it say about what account my cryptic one is linked to!!
Tried logging into the game via cryptic u/n & p/w, go through the process of linking it to this account & it says it's linked to another FW account!!

So I try running the game on this account & i'm stuck with all my chars missing!

I've emailed support yet am told it's a 3-4 day wait?!?!?

Seriously not impressed

/rant over
Ensign
# 23
05-01-2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by batchimp007 View Post
I have this problem. I've come back after a several months break but I can't remember my cryptic account info so can't log in to link it and when I try to recover it I get sent on that never ending circle. I've had to make a new account to post hear but because its new I can't even start a thread of my own to ask for help.

This sucks. Can anyone help?
This no longer seems to work. because now the cryptic reset pw sends you straight to PwE. fustrating as hell.

Anyone happen to know the new way of doing it. my lvl 65 vice admiral is gone. and im not starting over.

Last edited by anterion39; 05-01-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 24
05-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anterion39 View Post
my lvl 65 vice admiral is gone. and im not starting over.
Lvl 65 eh?
"Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame."
Better dead than Fed!
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon653 View Post
Lvl 65 eh?
Wrong game?
Ensign
# 26
05-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon653 View Post
Lvl 65 eh?
apparently the new max is lvl 50? idk when that changed, but i lvl'd my char back when STO first came out years ago. At least i remember it being 65. maybe im just wrong XD.

Last edited by anterion39; 05-01-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Ensign
# 27
05-01-2013, 01:17 PM
ok, so i finnally figured it all out to where when i log into the game that it asks for a cryptic account to link.

The trick now is finding a way to break the currently link between this account on cryptic and the link to PWE so i can add that link to the new PWE account. But regardless if i change the pw on the cryptic/PWE account, it will change it for the other. So how do i break the cryptic/PWE account link?
Ensign
# 28
05-01-2013, 02:59 PM
I am having trouble linking my accounts, when I try to login with my account name which I think was my old gmail account it gives me an error message and to contact customer service.

When I first logged onto this account it asked me if I wanted to link my cryptic account with this one, but I kept getting errors.

My old cryptic @handle was this the same as this forum name...

Is this ok to post..?

And three to four days to hear back from customer support? Honestly, that is not a good response time.

Oh and another thing: when you ask the cryptic site to send you an email for you password or account name, the email never shows up (tried it with my current email), and even looked in spam.

Last edited by kitsuneshoujo; 05-01-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Ensign
# 29
05-03-2013, 10:14 AM
I've been waiting for three days now for a reply to my email I sent... how long can I expect to wait to get my account back?
Ensign
# 30
05-24-2013, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsuneshoujo View Post
Oh and another thing: when you ask the cryptic site to send you an email for you password or account name, the email never shows up (tried it with my current email), and even looked in spam.
I'm still waiting on my password reset email too. I can't remember when i last played STO but i guess it was before the PWE merge because my email address wasn't registered with the site.

Right now i'm waiting on CS to reply to my email but i'm not sure if they'll be able to help.