Captain
# 21
03-19-2013, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Mogai tend to be much scarier than the D'Deridex whales floating around so slowly like they do.
Yeah, their TT helps them staying alive more than ten seconds.
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS

PWE proudly presents STO:Season 9.x: The Big Nerf.
Dil-sinks, EC-Value-Nerf and player satisfaction Nerf (a.k.a. Crafting Revamp), join the most epic grind ever avaiable in STO...
Commander
# 22
05-03-2013, 11:45 AM
I believe that you have failed to mention another effective defense against the D'deridex battleship's Heavy Plasma Torpedoes! I have found that using the BOFF ability: Tractor Beam Repulsors is also extremely effective against them (and, coincidentally, against boarding parties, fighters, missiles, and mines!). I have the Repulsor ability set up on my first Sovereign-class ship: USS Hornet, NCC-93396-A! It is extremely usefull and allows my ship to fight point-blank with a D'deridex!
Captain
# 23
05-03-2013, 01:45 PM
You know, the first time this beast appeared on TNG, my eyes popped out of their sockets. Same thing happened the first time I came upon one in game. I admit, it bested me the first round. I got the win the next pass but I swear it was a fight. On ethe one hand it was fun, on the other it was challenging.

Then I read the OP ... and they are just really big targets now.

Many thanks
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Captain
# 24
05-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Lol, I thought it was a guide to flying the D'deridex and surviving. How my mind plays tricks on me...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Commander
# 25
05-03-2013, 03:09 PM
Really, the key is don't start on the Romulan stuff until you're in your T4 ship. That way you have the boff powers, hull, and weapon slots to actually survive the encounter in whatever means available to you. NPC D'Deridexes are only really a threat to PC's below level 30.
Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.
Ensign
# 26
05-08-2013, 01:56 AM
It is a case of attacking from the weakest arc. Staying at range, manuevering and focusing on that shield facing. Attacking a D'Deridex head on, is not the wisest tactical move. Especially so, if you do not have the counters to the tractor beam, shockwave, and plasma torpedoes

Good advice in this thread, but also remember the armor plating that gives disruptor and plasma resists. Though I do agree there should be some tactical advice given, when facing certain enemies. Whether it be from the mission briefieing, as additional info. Or from the Executive Officer, or tactical boff.

Just wish there was a console on the bridge or ready room, where you can look up ships, and ground personel for tactical info. Seeing as they are revamping the ui add this feature. Get someone from Cryptic to do some voice over, for the entries.

Seems that Starfleet Intelligence and Imperial Intelligence are napping. Sending ships blindly into missions without intelligence and tactical advice.

Captain Bipto: What's the problem? Just vaporise; everyone, everything, boof, mission accomplished, medals, awards, a parade, next!
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-08-2013, 03:10 AM
NPCs are not really a threat in general....
Reynolds / Thokal

U.S.S. Helios -Vesta Class / R.R.W. Dark Science - Dyson Surveillance Science Destroyer
U.S.S. Donut - Fleet Advanced Research Vessel Retrofit
TheWiseGuys
Captain
# 28
05-08-2013, 05:54 AM
Nice guide. I find that Photonic Shockwave is a very effective means of defense against both the Tractor Beam (if you're in range) and the Heavy Torpedoes.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
# 29
05-15-2013, 11:05 AM
I like guides like this and they should be "stickyied" (you find me a better word). They're really handy if you're on of those people that often find themselves having to explain game mechanics to new comers.
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
05-23-2013, 05:57 AM
I just fly right at them, fire off repulsors and push them away from you while unloading weapons, they usually die by the time your repulsor beam expires. They can't tractor you and their hy torps are useless.