Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Tribble patching very slowly!
05-03-2013, 06:23 AM
Why is it that I can patch Holodeck in a few seconds, but tribble takes several hours!? I think, the test sever needs an 5 hour energy drink! I wanted to roll an ROM ENG, now that I finished the story arch on TAC. The download reminds me of the 1980's when we were using 16 bit dial up modems! My internet connection is officially 12 MBits/s. I know I don't always get up that far in speed, but Tribble patching should be a bit faster. Is LOR some how interfering?

Last edited by randolf2; 05-03-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Captain
# 2
05-03-2013, 06:40 AM
You didn't look to see how large some of the Tribble patches are, did you?
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
05-03-2013, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
You didn't look to see how large some of the Tribble patches are, did you?
I just noticed that. It could just be that since Windows is such a crappy OS - especially on this laptop -, that it bogs down on downloading large files some times.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
05-03-2013, 09:34 AM
Seems to be patching kinda slow for me aswell.. It's been this way since NW went into open beta, so I bet it's some sort of underlying issue conected to the NW open beta some of us are seeing.

This could of be avoided if they had separate dedicated download servers instead of the shared one they seem to be using now afaik.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-03-2013, 02:04 PM
I just noticed that. It could just be that since Windows is such a crappy OS - especially on this laptop -, that it bogs down on downloading large files some times.

It won't have anything to do with an Operating system!

It may not have occured to some of you that there are probably hundreds, perhaps thousands of people downloading the large patch all at the same time which could be straining tribble patch server...

Or it is a problem with the launcher in which case the simple solution is to shut the launcher and restart it and you should get normal speeds. Keep in mind that these are very large files so be patient
Career Officer
# 6
05-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Compared to Holo, Tribble does patch aweful slowly. I just did full loads to my horrible laptop, and I can tell you that Holo patched full in half the time that it took to patch Tribble full.

This though may be because they've dedicated more patchspace to Neverwinther and their main games, and left the test patches as a lower priority.
Captain
# 7
05-03-2013, 05:07 PM
They need more hamsters and food for the treadmills that power the servers! This would also "solve the server stability" issues.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin