Empire Veteran
# 11
05-03-2013, 01:52 PM
I have to admit that dealing with the random Tele- Cloak is becoming a bit aggravating.

A Few times she has cloaked and appeared a full 12 k from her last position and our team would race over to her just in time for her to Cloak and end up back on the other side of the map.

It's also painful when you line up your special attacks like Disruptor Auto Cannons and she Cloaks mid attack but takes no unshielded Damage.

Her Charge up for her death blast attack is a bit random has well and sometimes has a hair trigger.

SNB should be able to take her Cloak off line for a small amount of time at the very least.

Tracking her under Cloak is not an issue but it's the Goku like Instance Transmission that she does while Cloaked that becoming the real pain.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-03-2013, 05:11 PM
Agreed, this change didn't really make her HARDER, just more tedious and time consuming. In a way, it actually made it a bit easier, since you are seldom in range of her thalaron thing when she decloaks. On the flip side, it will sometimes kill you when in range even if you are out of the firing arc, i.e. directly behind her.

All in all, not a great change, but not a game breaker.
Captain
# 13
05-03-2013, 05:47 PM
Donatra is still pretty easy to beat despite the latest changes.

If there is any grief it's that the time honoured methods to counter trap cloaked units seem ineffective against her.

Gravity wells, Tyken's rift, warp plasma, theta radiation dumps.. nothing seems to slow her down.Even tractor beams and tractor mines lack the strength to hold her.
Captain
# 14
05-03-2013, 06:02 PM
I agree with the fix to the tactic where you could stay 5k away and she would never cloak because that made it a little too easy. Now she cloaks too much though, sometimes almost instantly after decloaking its getting riddiculous. I think she needs to have a cooldown timer on her cloak so she can't instantly cloak right after decloak.

Also here is another idea, why not make sci ships actually useful, and let all their abilities that counter cloak work on her. She should not be able to cloak while tractored or in a grav well, and CPB and sensor scan with high aux and spec into sensor skill should decloak her. Whats the point in even using a sci ship or designing anti cloak abilities if we never end up with any oppoutunities for it to be useful in pve.