Lt. Commander
Given the revamp and compression of most racial traits into a single slot, are there any plans to balance the races out better? Some of them currently give much more bang for buck than others.

For example, Reman and Klingon vs, say, Andorian and non-Joined Trill?
Career Officer
# 2
05-03-2013, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruinsfate View Post
Given the revamp and compression of most racial traits into a single slot, are there any plans to balance the races out better? Some of them currently give much more bang for buck than others.

For example, Reman and Klingon vs, say, Andorian and non-Joined Trill?
I've mentioned this is another post, but I'll mention it here. You can not compare Reman to anything save other pay-to-win races.

Reman is a pay-to-win race, which like the ships in the C-Store and Fleet ships that cost zen to purchase, are always going to be stronger then standard free-to-play races.

Now that said, I would like to see a new trait balancing of the free-to-play races.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
05-03-2013, 06:33 PM
well..remans arent a true p2w...as you can earn the unlock by getting t5 rom rep on any character on the account...but yeah, in a sense for the new players that are just starting they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Dunno that I'd pay for a race wearing one of David Lee Roth's old stage suits for a uniform, tbh...
Captain
# 5
05-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Remans are not a pay race assuming you've actually been playing the game. Or plan to play it in the future.

Silly claim, really.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Captain
# 6
05-04-2013, 03:38 AM
Well Remans are pretty strong but so are Romulans with their racial trait so it works out ok.

One thing I would like to see is like the OP says a more balanced racial trait system. Right now there's some races that are clearly the choice for those wanting to do damage, tank or heal. Others you look at and think, yeah it's nice but X,Y,Z are all better in that area. I mentioned in the trait revamp thread that liberated borg is definitely a bad one to choose atm as Bajorans get better regen and buffs in general and the unique hold they get is inferior (though longer range) to that of everyone elses.

Joined trill is another good example, +3 and +6 to a wide range of skills? It's not noticeable and the +6 ones tend to be to engineering skills, and even with the regen is second to the bajorans which get other more noticable and meaningful buffs ontop. Make it +10 to SubD, Weapons training and EPS and then it will be a good average race and help give something you can't get somewhere else.

By the way I haven't had chance to run around on tribble making characters left, right and center for feds but are they still doing this stuff with certain traits being locked out of certain races?