Career Officer
# 11
05-02-2013, 06:44 PM
Take heart that it is never us. Think about it; We are playing the game just fine. They take the server down for a few hours, then we can no longer play.

(ultra sarcasm mode activated) Surely sounds like the problem is on our end (ultra sarcasm mode overloads)

I don't know why they insist on breaking the game like this everytime. Has to be on purpose, something this crippling would have been seen to early on if it were an accident.
Career Officer
# 12
05-02-2013, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragestroke008 View Post
Take heart that it is never us. Think about it; We are playing the game just fine. They take the server down for a few hours, then we can no longer play.

(ultra sarcasm mode activated) Surely sounds like the problem is on our end (ultra sarcasm mode overloads)

I don't know why they insist on breaking the game like this everytime. Has to be on purpose, something this crippling would have been seen to early on if it were an accident.
Yeah, when many many players have the same issue it's probably not us. Tech support will tell you the script of 'check x and y' to keep you busy while they try to fix their end.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Starfleet Veteran
# 13 Is Cryptic Dead?
05-02-2013, 06:56 PM
I got kicked off about 9:20pm EST, and cannot reconnect. My internet seems to be working fine, I have the latest launcher, but I cannot even get to any of Cryptic's websites. Is there something I can do (like maybe roll back to a previous version), or is this on their end?
Ensign
# 14
05-02-2013, 07:52 PM
That's actually exactly when I was kicked out.

This is definitely a problem on their end. I've checked with my friends who play this game and they say they can't get in either.
Captain
# 15
05-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassador379 View Post
I got kicked off about 9:20pm EST, and cannot reconnect. My internet seems to be working fine, I have the latest launcher, but I cannot even get to any of Cryptic's websites. Is there something I can do (like maybe roll back to a previous version), or is this on their end?
Same here. Can only get on the website from the stoperfectworld address not startrekonline.com. The site says the server is up but the launcher wont launch...
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Rihannsu
# 16
05-03-2013, 11:28 AM
Take heart at least your problem isn't being moved to posts that have nothing to do with it.
Rihannsu
# 17
05-04-2013, 01:40 PM
I've gone through the set up again, I even installed it on Steam. It still doesn't work. Whenever I click the icon or the play option on Steam, "Cryptic Game Launcher has stopped working" - there's no lag issue or patching issue the launcher is broke.
Ensign
# 18
05-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrobbiec View Post
I've gone through the set up again, I even installed it on Steam. It still doesn't work. Whenever I click the icon or the play option on Steam, "Cryptic Game Launcher has stopped working" - there's no lag issue or patching issue the launcher is broke.
Is anyone still having this issue? I notice that it's been a few days since the last post but I'm still having this problem and it's driving me crazy!
Rihannsu
# 19
05-09-2013, 01:10 AM
I realised my problem was being caused by internet explorer, I uninstalled the IE10 update and now STO works again for me.
Ensign
# 20
05-09-2013, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrobbiec View Post
I realised my problem was being caused by internet explorer, I uninstalled the IE10 update and now STO works again for me.
That worked! Thanks for your help!