Career Officer
# 41
05-04-2013, 01:43 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...2006/Reman.jpg

This is what remans should look like. Notice the nose, the sunken eye cavities, the white skin, the veins, the teeth.
[/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Last edited by venetar90; 05-04-2013 at 01:49 AM.
Captain
# 42
05-04-2013, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captsol View Post
I certainly hope not, I rather like how the Remans look in-game. I wouldn't mind more variation, but, forcing a certain look is just a bad idea with how much this game focuses on customization.
Well, the male Reman doesn't look different to me. I doubt they put him in there just to show you what they USED to look like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemonheld View Post

^^^^^^

This... OMG This... PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE either make the Character Gen Reman Females reflect the Veril version, or AT LEAST give us the option to make them this way...
Yeah, I'm not quite sure what they were thinking when they made the customizable ones.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Captain
# 43
05-04-2013, 04:18 AM
I really like these new Reman materials.

And you can get them by having Romulan reputation at Tier V on your account?

Really generous, thank you!
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Career Officer
# 44
05-04-2013, 04:57 AM
I hope the final version of female Remans look more like Veril (and I hope I can put her in the Nemesis uniform).

The uniforms look nice, hope that comes as a preset.
Lt. Commander
# 45 Evolution, not Revolution
05-04-2013, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkarris View Post
So what exactly do we have to do to earn the Reman species through the Romulan reputation? Do we only have to get Tier 5 on one character? Or do we have to get to Tier 5 and then start a project to unlock them, and if so, what does this project cost?

And I agree, make the Reman female look more like Veril, at least as an option. The one of hte blog, well, I think she got a bit too much work done, if you know what I mean.
Good question about the Reputation! I grinding theu Rom Rep now and would like to see Cryptic's answer.

As for character appearance, there should be a range not just for customization but basic plausibility. Remans are after all Vulcan offshoots forced to work and live in the industrial filth of the Romulan war machine (mining, manufacturing, etc.). Odds are that everyplace Remans have been living since their homeworld's destruction were cleaner & healthier than Remus. So the process of recovery has begun and thus subsequent generations will be of more robust health. So the 2 different female Reman models shown are just samples from opposite ends of the spectrum.
Sarvour ShipyardsSarvour Shipyards
=@=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =@= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."
Lt. Commander
# 46 Bloody Brilliant!!!!!
05-04-2013, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Voldemort?

Oh. My. I think I have an idea for a name.

Tromedlov!

He flies the R.R.W. Nagini!

Now give me a nemesis system so I can hunt my nemesis, Henry Potterson!
You should make that an any faction Foundry mission! The Hunt for Harry Potterson! A deranged and totally crazy Renegade Starfleet officer that must be stopped at all costs!

L0L
Sarvour ShipyardsSarvour Shipyards
=@=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =@= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."
Commander
# 47
05-04-2013, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmal3 View Post
That woman doesn't even look remotely like the male reman. It's hard to believe there even the same species. They have literally nothing in common.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_dimorphism

It's actually quite common in nature.
Starfleet Veteran
# 48
05-05-2013, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captsol View Post
I certainly hope not, I rather like how the Remans look in-game. I wouldn't mind more variation, but, forcing a certain look is just a bad idea with how much this game focuses on customization.
While I agree variation is nice so is accuracy. If they are trying to make the Remans in game more screen accurate I'm all for change.
Captain
# 49
05-05-2013, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspidey2 View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_dimorphism

It's actually quite common in nature.
And how does Wikipedia explain the fact that one female Reman is COMPLETELY physically different compared to the rest?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Commander
# 50
05-05-2013, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
And how does Wikipedia explain the fact that one female Reman is COMPLETELY physically different compared to the rest?
How should I know? I was merely clearing up an apparent misconception about male and females having to look alike. They rarely ever do in nature.