Survivor of Romulus
# 1 D'deridex - firing points
05-03-2013, 12:00 PM
I think I mentioned this in the Tribble feedback forums, but I wanted to post it in here to make sure it gets seen by the right people.

The D'deridex has several "canon" firing points (as in those that are used on-screen), but there are also several "intended" firing points as designated by the original designer. These firing points are as follows:

1. Forward "primary emitter" that appears to be capable of firing beams, pulses, and torpedos.
firing beams, firing pulses, firing torpedos

2. Inside the open area, at least capable of firing beams (seen here)

3. On the upper neck support, just behind the head (seen here)

4. At the bottom of the nose (seen here)

These are all canon shots, and all of these points seem to be used for the appropriate weapons (in the case of cannons, beam arrays, and torpedos). However, there are some more that do not appear to be used.

Quote:
Although not mentioned on screen, the original Andrew Probert design of the warbird was to have a single torpedo launcher positioned at the upper "nape" of the ship, at the top foremost position of the upper "shell". In addition, the warbird was to have a total of ten disruptor emitters, positioned in various locations on the model. These positions included: one pair on the "head" (one on either "cheek"), one pair on the vertical structure at the aft end of the ship (one on either side), two pairs on the aft edges of the port and starboard dorsal and ventral wings (one emitter at each location, for a total of four), and one pair at the dorsal apex of the ship.
Here are shots of some of these locations:

- Torpedo launcher

- Forward "side" emitters

- Topside emitters

- Rear side emitters

- Rear top emitters

- Rear bottom emitters

Diagram showing all points (posted below by morkargh117)

I'm hoping you guys can use those emitters to make the D'deridex even more accurate than it already is. The dual beams, dual cannons, and dual heavies all fire from empty space inside the ship, rather than firing from an actual emitter. Hopefully you can use some of the above emitters to "fix" that issue.

I still want bare feet.... on ALL costumes.

Last edited by cuatela; 05-15-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Commander
# 2
05-04-2013, 02:54 AM
yes cryptic forgot the main weapon in front of the ship. i hope they change it like the galor. the galor fires dual beams from the main weapon.

Subscribed For: 1600+ Days
Empire Veteran
# 3
05-04-2013, 03:23 AM
if cryptic moves the DC and DHC/DBB hardpoints and puts them on top each other on the deflector, they will have canon accurately placed the weapon harpoints of the dederidex. they got the forward beam array locations right, those 2 pics in the op show that.

those bumps on the ship, never used as weapons on screen regardless of intent. it would look weird if weapons fired from them there now. especially from the eyes on the nose section.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-04-2013, 02:24 PM
I'm 100% with the OP, currently there are some badly weird firing locations.

For example single beams on the rear fire from just an empty edge of the ship, what would be the harm in placing it on the intended emitter?

Or dual beam banks, their firing location is in front of the wings, the beams are not even connected to the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-04-2013, 03:11 PM
I used to have a model of this ship when I was a kid and I loved all the wee details (like the ones you've pointed out). I really hope Cryptic will do it justice; not just because us fanboys like it, but because the Romulan faction deserves a great ship.
Empire Veteran
# 6
05-04-2013, 09:12 PM
finally got the d'deridex, and put some beams on it, and ya the beam arrays up front are down rigth wacky. theres 1 rigth on the deflector, a wey on the chin and forehead, and someone on the side, naw, thats a little to all over the place.

the beam array hardpoints should just be at the very center of the top top the forhead, and the bottom of the beak only, up front.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
05-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
if cryptic moves the DC and DHC/DBB hardpoints and puts them on top each other on the deflector, they will have canon accurately placed the weapon harpoints of the dederidex. they got the forward beam array locations right, those 2 pics in the op show that.
I was actually thinking that too. The few times we saw the D'deridex fire disruptor bolts, they looked more like STO's heavy cannons. And there's already a precedent for using a single hardpoint for dual weapons (see Stalker Fighter, Galor, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
those bumps on the ship, never used as weapons on screen regardless of intent. it would look weird if weapons fired from them there now. especially from the eyes on the nose section.

I could understand using the forward emitter for single beams, or the top/nose emitters, since those are canon. Even so, I don't see why the intended hardpoints can't be used in addition, especially if a player is running a 4/4 beam-boat build. The more available emitter points, the better.

For me, it's more the rear-firing beams. As far as I know, we've never seen the rear beams fire on-screen, so there's no evidence against using the intended hardpoints.

I still want bare feet.... on ALL costumes.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-06-2013, 08:39 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3447/...938e094f_o.gif

should work like this, with the deflector working as a single beam emitter as well so dual purpose.
http://grimdarkfuture.com/images/IRF_SIGS/morgomir_Sig.png
Rihannsu
# 9
05-06-2013, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morkargh117 View Post

should work like this, with the deflector working as a single beam emitter as well so dual purpose.
That is a exactly what I was looking for to post on here Good find.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
05-06-2013, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morkargh117 View Post

Very good find. Now if we could just get Cyptic to not make this ship and eysore the way it is a fail cruiser layout.

Help rebuild the Romulan Star Empire to glory. Click the banner to join today.