Lt. Commander
# 71
05-03-2013, 11:48 AM
When you are on the space station where you get the overly muscular guy we cant edit --

The Romulan colonists say "Thats Crazy Talk"

They are speaking 20th century Earth slang and its kind of annoying.

Can ya'll just change that to simply "thats crazy" so I dont cringe everytime their speak bubble pops up.
PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY
Rihannsu
# 72
05-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Memory Lane - Fed

Very bad paving for BOFFS for me. They are getting stuck on walls, corners, etc. strange really, everything has been very polished up to this point.
- Into the jaws of hell.
Captain
# 73
05-03-2013, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnlbrtnfrnt View Post
When you are on the space station where you get the overly muscular guy we cant edit --

The Romulan colonists say "Thats Crazy Talk"

They are speaking 20th century Earth slang and its kind of annoying.

Can ya'll just change that to simply "thats crazy" so I dont cringe everytime their speak bubble pops up.
Actually i would think they would say "Incompetent Fool" or "Ignorant Fool" make it sound romulan
Lt. Commander
# 74
05-03-2013, 04:46 PM
Trade Craft -

Your line is "Tovan and I will work...."

Can that just read "I will...."

Enough with Tovan. He can buy the game and play if he wants to be the star.
Starfleet Veteran
# 75
05-03-2013, 06:19 PM
NPC pathing on Gasko Station is a little off, at least one of my officers has had difficultly navigating simple corridors, let alone doorways.

EDIT: Speaking of Gasko; the system in sector space suggests a binary star system, with one yellow and one orange star. Yet the actual system itself when you warp in only has a single blue star in it.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook

Last edited by amosov78; 05-03-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 76
05-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Replaying Crateris...

When you beam up and have to defeat the squadrons before engaging the Mystery Ship...

I went to the bathroom during the dialogue. When I came back the Allies had killed most of the ships.

It was impossible at that point to complete the 100% required to move the mission forward since you only get credit for ships you fire on.
Starfleet Veteran
# 77
05-04-2013, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishkin View Post
I gotta say, I chose the Federation, and I liked how the missions were arranged. It was much better than I expected; it was still a cohesively Romulan story.
Chose the Klingons, but very much the same - it remains uniquely Romulan, with the background (that remains FULLY in the background) that would go along naturally with that choice.

I am increasingly impressed by this - cannot wait for launch...save for the fact I'll have to do all this over again, ha!

Fleet Commander
Caprica's Revenge
(...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
Lt. Commander
# 78
05-04-2013, 05:02 PM
Tradecraft -

Chartra or what ever the chicks name is Tovan wont shut up about's ship has texture errors since the path

The wings show up as white blobs
Lt. Commander
# 79
05-05-2013, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnlbrtnfrnt View Post
Tradecraft -

Chartra or what ever the chicks name is Tovan wont shut up about's ship has texture errors since the path

The wings show up as white blobs
I've seen that white blob on the wings too. for some reason or another there's a delay in loading the textures there.

Last edited by rextorvan36; 05-05-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 80
05-05-2013, 09:22 AM
Good sequences, and not only a lot of fun, but make the story more intriguing. Good stuff.

One question I have is whether the tutorials will be able to be toggled on/off - including the new voiceover tutorials (very cool, by the way - wish they'd been around years ago when I started)? For new players these are going to be great, but for those who have been around a while, they are going to be a bit of a nuisance, mostly because they seem to be built directly into the storyline. For example, in the 'Memory Lane' sequence, wherein players need to travel to Mempa, you cannot - or, at least, can't yet - click on the mission icon and auto-travel; you MUST "learn" how to use the sector map, and travel piecemeal. Again, great for newcomers, but there was no option NOT to use the tutorial sequences.

Anyway, again, this is fantastic, and I am really looking forward to LoR launch. But, for those who don't need to learn the system, there will be some more-or-less unnecessary steps to be taken.

Keep it up though - this is how, at least in my opinion, how STO SHOULD have been from the start!

Fleet Commander
Caprica's Revenge
(...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)