Captain
# 11
04-22-2013, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
There is a new insect race in LoR - based on the winged insect pic we saw on the LoR website. It looks like they have insect-looking ships too.
The insects appear to be Krellids, a non-sentient indigenous lifeform from Virinat.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Empire Veteran
# 12
04-22-2013, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
The insects appear to be Krellids, a non-sentient indigenous lifeform from Virinat.
Yeah nasty little buggers the flying ones are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Ensign
# 13
05-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memory Alpha
While they don't make an on-screen appearance, the Hur'q are hinted to be behind the Fek'Ihri Horde's attack in Star Trek Online. - Memory Alpha
Given this, I for one do hope that they do Add them in to the Storyline a bit more. And perhaps after the LoR Release they will finally start working on expanding the KDF as well as some more expansion into the Universe (I for one would like to see some more Delta Quad races)
Career Officer
# 14
05-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
There is a new insect race in LoR - based on the winged insect pic we saw on the LoR website. It looks like they have insect-looking ships too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperfool80 View Post
Given this, I for one do hope that they do Add them in to the Storyline a bit more. And perhaps after the LoR Release they will finally start working on expanding the KDF as well as some more expansion into the Universe (I for one would like to see some more Delta Quad races)
The Hur'q could certainly be (or be related to) the mystery enemy introduced in LoR. Remember, "hur'q" isn't their name, it's just the Klingon word for "outsider." The Klingons apparently never knew (or lost) what the invaders called themselves.
Empire Veteran
# 15
05-05-2013, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daroska View Post
I'm not sure when they'll reintroduce the Hur'q, Magnumstar, but in an KDF centric episode seems likely.

As to what they look like: well I'm sure Cryptic would follow Star Trek: Invasion's vision of their appearence.
Perhaps not to letter though, for copyright reasons. But like the Ferasans and Kzinti- they should be similar.

Although I'd like them more like this picture, as a mixture of both a fly an a scarab: so as to be quite revolting.
That or more of a basis on a hybrid appearence between the giant weta and the cannibalistic mormon cricket.

I thought they were just mere animals for upcoming ground content?
They look too Disney/WoW in my view to actually be a serious sentient species.
Reminds me of the epohh or nanov in actuality, which makes me think:

Will they be introducing the Reman section of New Romulus in Legacy of Romulus?

The Remans seem to live in a kind of bay facility as shown in the usual opening cinematic.
It'd logically open into some amount of a cavernous system, I would imagine.
So with the knowledge of New Romulus's fauna's art style and this witnessed fitting locale..

Could it be possible the concept art is showing us an overgrown insect of Mol'Rihan's underworld?

That looks a lot like a collector/Prothean from Mass Effect lol
toDuj 'oS rol.
Captain
# 16
05-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumstar View Post
Villains never die, they always find a way to return from their graves. Or maybe the Hur'q aren't dead, maybe they're like the 17 yr cicada lying dormant until its time to crawl out of the ground and threaten the galaxy once more.
To quote monty python "its not dead, it's only resting."
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR