Captain
# 51
05-05-2013, 06:34 AM
oh boy *facepalm*

"Wah. look at me; I'm cool; I hate and bash pretty"

Some of your guys lack of imagination is disgusting. There could probably a thousand legit reasons for a sligh difference in gender appearance. Dimorphism is already stated. Another reason: Male Remans just go out in the poison all the time to do the hard disfiguring stuff and keep their females in protected enviorment.

I'm sure there will be enough options to uglify characters for everybody that wants to.
Lt. Commander
# 52
05-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Actually might make me want to play one as a ground combat character.....might.

They are silly creatures anyway, they should be working for the advancement of the Star Empire and not playing at independence.
Captain
# 53
05-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspidey2 View Post
How should I know? I was merely clearing up an apparent misconception about male and females having to look alike. They rarely ever do in nature.
Funnily enough, dimorphism is far less visible when looking at Veril than it is when looking at any other female Reman.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 54
05-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
Funnily enough, dimorphism is far less visible when looking at Veril than it is when looking at any other female Reman.
Again, it's completely possible that the current Veril is just using an old model and that she will be upgraded. I kind of wish they hadn't introduced the character unless the correct female model was available because it would have saved us from all this debating and arguing.
Captain
# 55
05-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha1369 View Post
Actually might make me want to play one as a ground combat character.....might.

They are silly creatures anyway, they should be working for the advancement of the Star Empire and not playing at independence.

1) Some species in nature gender wise do look like one another some differences can be as subtle as a slight height differential some can be physiological differences.

2) When you enslave a race of people eventually they will seek independence and freedom from their masters.

So dont think into this to much if you over think this then you alone are responsible for your migraine
Captain
# 56
05-05-2013, 04:33 PM
They look sweet. However I doubt I will play a Reman with 4 characters to play now. After I do the Romulan. However I will have Reman Boffs. I want my 1st officer to be a Reman.
Survivor of Remus
# 57
05-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjunior View Post
That uniform looks nice, I guess Romulans can't wear Reman outfits.....
Agreed, they do. Maybe they can let us unlock the reman uniform for the aliens race? Make our own Shinzon
Survivor of Remus
# 58
05-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkarris View Post
Oh god, its worse.

It looks like some mutant version of the Newcomers from Alien Nation. Remans are not pretty, definately not human pretty. That was the whole point of the species.

Speaking of which, Remans are supposed to be sensitive to light. Do we get hoods when we go outside? Can we lower our ship lighting? Does Veril get shades on away missions, or are we just condeming the poor girl to blindness along with getting her father missing?
*like*

Agreed the Reman females do not look nearly as 'Reman' as the males do. They need larger noses, more facial wrinkles.

This reman female looks more like a half breed.
Republic Veteran
# 59
05-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Honestly, if this is what the "final" Reman look, I am not impressed.

one, my they are too "peach" for me. My understanding from the few pics I have seen is that Remans have a bluish-grey skin tone. Not the "pinkskin" look humans do.

Second, The female just looks weird. I like the way Veril looks currently on tribble. hopefully they stick with that.
Starfleet Veteran
# 60
05-07-2013, 07:30 PM
Ok, assuming that Veril is an accurate representation of what playable Remans will be like then it seems we'll have 3 head type options.

http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps9beb8afc.jpg