Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Ensign
# 51
05-05-2013, 04:20 AM
What a great laugh this guide has been for me. Thank you i needed a laugh.
Captain
# 52
05-05-2013, 11:09 AM
how we pandas get so much hate.....i just don't get it sometimes.

Jorf hosts an open ventrillo, contact a panda to come hang out, see what we are all about.

we share builds and team play strategies with anyone interested.

honestly, ive been around since about 5 months before season 2, many of you know me, or at least have seen me in the q's.... please reach out for advice, the pandas are about the growth of this game, and the evolution of its pvp base. this is because we value true competition.

c'mon guys, we get to fly star ships. its trek. we are all trekkies.

good thread Jorf.

have fun kill bad guys

-thrusters on full-
Captain
# 53
05-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post

Jorf hosts an open ventrillo, contact a panda to come hang out, see what we are all about.

honestly, ive been around since about 5 months before season 2, many of you know me, or at least have seen me in the q's.... please reach out for advice, the pandas are about the growth of this game, and the evolution of its pvp base. this is because we value true competition.

good thread Jorf.

have fun kill bad guys

-thrusters on full-
I'm just glad it's not tsi taking the pointless heat this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Career Officer
# 54
05-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewafflemung View Post
What a great laugh this guide has been for me. Thank you i needed a laugh.
I'm glad you were thoroughly entertained. You should create a high level PvP team your way and prove me wrong.
Behold, The Jorf Guide
Empire Veteran
# 55
05-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post

good thread Jorf.

have fun kill bad guys

-thrusters on full-
Haters gonna hate, man. I personally am very grateful all the help given by the community.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 56
05-06-2013, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Haters gonna hate, man. I personally am very grateful all the help given by the community.
I second this.

If anybody missed it, the guide isn't written to show people how to win. It's describing an organic process to create a group of people who can have fun and still like each other. Your success if you follow Jorf's advice will come internally within your fleet. Wins may follow, but that's not the real measure of success.

I admire a lot of people in this community, and I'll tell you why I admire what Jorf did. In a fleet that had a lot of individual talent but suffered from internal strife I mostly participated quietly, tried my best, and listened to the inevitable emotional spiral following a loss to a premade. I once went so far as to switch a to a build I thought was gimped because that's what I was told to bring to the team. I took a break at KOTOR's launch for a few months and used my return to quietly slip away into pugland.

Jorf, on the other hand, acted like somebody who watched their parents fight all the time and learned to have a peaceful marriage by doing the opposite. He took the lessons and helped create a fun fleet that has internal peace.

The Pandas could start ****ting the bed in every fight and they'd still be a successful fleet if their guys are happy to fly together.

In a certain sense, personal attacks on Jorf are irrelevant; I don't always agree with him on balance or gameplay issues or the way he delivers his opinions, I don't expect that anybody agrees with me or likes me all the time, and what's more, I don't expect that every member of the Pandas agrees with Jorf all the time.

But that's the thing, in a way the people who don't like Jorf are proving his point. Jorf is opinionated and sometimes merciless when it comes to details, and he figured out how to cultivate a positive atmosphere that makes people want to be there. He's laying out how to prevent personalities from wrecking things. That's how to be not terrible.
Captain
# 57
05-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
I second this.

If anybody missed it, the guide isn't written to show people how to win. It's describing an organic process to create a group of people who can have fun and still like each other. Your success if you follow Jorf's advice will come internally within your fleet. Wins may follow, but that's not the real measure of success.

I admire a lot of people in this community, and I'll tell you why I admire what Jorf did. In a fleet that had a lot of individual talent but suffered from internal strife I mostly participated quietly, tried my best, and listened to the inevitable emotional spiral following a loss to a premade. I once went so far as to switch a to a build I thought was gimped because that's what I was told to bring to the team. I took a break at KOTOR's launch for a few months and used my return to quietly slip away into pugland.

Jorf, on the other hand, acted like somebody who watched their parents fight all the time and learned to have a peaceful marriage by doing the opposite. He took the lessons and helped create a fun fleet that has internal peace.

The Pandas could start ****ting the bed in every fight and they'd still be a successful fleet if their guys are happy to fly together.

In a certain sense, personal attacks on Jorf are irrelevant; I don't always agree with him on balance or gameplay issues or the way he delivers his opinions, I don't expect that anybody agrees with me or likes me all the time, and what's more, I don't expect that every member of the Pandas agrees with Jorf all the time.

But that's the thing, in a way the people who don't like Jorf are proving his point. Jorf is opinionated and sometimes merciless when it comes to details, and he figured out how to cultivate a positive atmosphere that makes people want to be there. He's laying out how to prevent personalities from wrecking things. That's how to be not terrible.
jorf also has the unintentional habbit of "saying it like it is" without careful thoughts to how its being said....

everyone could use a little more tact imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 58
05-06-2013, 10:12 AM
Not everyone can have the charm of James Bond. With that said, if Jorf would smile more, he would probably get more initiates
Captain
# 59
05-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
I second this.

Jorf is always wrong in my book, i think hes just a dumb prick but oh well, i still like him
Lieutenant
# 60
05-06-2013, 10:38 AM
If only he'd spent his money on charisma instead of foot pedals...
24 Hours a day, 365 days a week.