Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
# 21
05-06-2013, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
This is great and I would love to include all of this if you are ok with it.
Absolutely! I don't mind at all. Now, it'll be a few weeks of course before I do any of this, for the following reasons:

1. I got Romulans toons to make, and they ain't gonna make themselves!

2. I got Romulan ships to fly, and they ain't gonna fly themselves!

3. Wheeeeee!

4. I'll wanna check out the new low-level Klingon content, including leveling a new Klingon up through those missions.

5. I just don't know about many of the lockbox ships. So this one could probably be done by LoR being released, but I feel that waiting might be wisest, because so much stuff is being changed up.

I've only ever played (out of the lockbox ships) a D'kora, a Recluse, and a Galor. Even then, only my D'kora has ever been played in any kind of serious PvP. So I'd need info on what people actually DO with them PvP-wise. I'm sure there would be those who'd help, but it'd take time to gather that info, sort it out, and write it.

Captain
# 22
05-06-2013, 02:18 AM
Hrmm, a question - so to speak - regarding potential builds given the possible makeup of the intended audience...or a statement? Meh...anyway...

PreS7 it was one thing to list certain items of gear - folks could grab it in a week or less. That's no longer the case. Given the multiple Reputation systems and everything going on - folks are looking at a month or longer - it could be months before they reach some of the gearing levels they could in less than a week.

So what about builds having two points, eh? The "this is the ship with what you're likely to have or be able to grab once you've got the ship" and the "this is what you should put in the ship once you can" sort of thing? Have to keep in mind with that as well, some folks won't have access to the various Fleet gear. I suppose it's a case of offering alternative builds with some synergy for those folks...?
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Empire Veteran
# 23
05-06-2013, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
HI drk,

just out of curiousity. Would you be interested in a gear guide?

I m wondering if the release of LoR wouldn't be a good point in time to start a gear guide. There are so many doff variations that are undocumented in-game. The difference between set gear and standard (Dil-) gear and so on. BO powers (trainable or from Exchange) etc. Fleet gear....

Maybe starting with these build aspects with an eye to the new player might give everybody time to come up with rommie builds.
ABSOLUTELY! Please affirmative righto Havam that would be fantastic!
Empire Veteran
# 24
05-06-2013, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Hrmm, a question - so to speak - regarding potential builds given the possible makeup of the intended audience...or a statement? Meh...anyway...

PreS7 it was one thing to list certain items of gear - folks could grab it in a week or less. That's no longer the case. Given the multiple Reputation systems and everything going on - folks are looking at a month or longer - it could be months before they reach some of the gearing levels they could in less than a week.

So what about builds having two points, eh? The "this is the ship with what you're likely to have or be able to grab once you've got the ship" and the "this is what you should put in the ship once you can" sort of thing? Have to keep in mind with that as well, some folks won't have access to the various Fleet gear. I suppose it's a case of offering alternative builds with some synergy for those folks...?
Yip, that's why for each faction I have made a note to separate the std from fleets wherever possible.

The end goal is to have multiple builds for each ship based on role, equipment, rep, etc.
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
05-06-2013, 12:22 PM
My Armory is open to you drkfrontiers...I have several great builds for the starters out there and many other tricks to share...

Good Luck And Have Fun Out There...
@LIVIN

~The Eleventh Order~
11thOrder Youtube
Career Officer
# 26
05-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
when has that ever prevented you from anything?
I'm not the guy flame baiting
Behold, The Jorf Guide