Captain
# 1 I feel bad about Star Wars
05-06-2013, 10:12 PM
You know, considering what happened to both the Interactive side of Star Wars and the next three movies, I think trekkies actually got a relatively better deal.

At least we pay for something that is useful, not outright draconian.
Captain
# 2
05-06-2013, 10:27 PM
I'm suffering from nerd rage over the rumors of jjtrek 2. If they are remotely true I feel sorry for Star Wars.
I also feel bad for the Star Wars game that got cancelled. The teaser looked cool. I don't know about trekkies getting a better deal. The last two TNG movies were horribly and then we have at least one bad jjtrek movie- probably at least two. The Star Wars prequel movies were all horrible. So as I see it there have been an equal number of bad Star Wars and Star Trek movies.
Star Wars has had better luck with games than Star Trek has.
So I'd say right now it's hard to say who has gotten the smelly end of the stick.
Republic Veteran
# 3
05-06-2013, 10:35 PM
I loved the JJ trek movie it was good, and did well for a so called Bad movie but Trekkies don't like new things they can't handle change, they are backwards, and it's ironic since Star Trek was ahead of it's time about accepting new things and a changing world.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Last edited by neoakiraii; 05-06-2013 at 10:38 PM.
Captain
# 4
05-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
I loved the JJ trek movie it was good, and did well for a so called Bad movie but Trekkies don't like new things they can't handle change, they are backwards, and it's ironic since Star Trek was ahead of it's time about accepting new things and a changing world.
my biggest issue with JJTrek is the freaking lens flare and the whole spock dating uhura thang that was annoying and now khan and his magic blood?

Im just not big on what Jar Jar Abrams did to trek hated all but two TNG movies, Generations and First contact.

Anyways old trek fans will hate JJTrek new trek fans will love it and even though i cannot stand JJTrek atleast it is bringing a new generation to know and love trek.

And for that im kinda glad there is JJTrek
Career Officer
# 5
05-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Quote:
So, you've noticed that too?
Republic Veteran
# 6
05-06-2013, 10:47 PM
Until I see the movie myself I won't take opinions on the internets seriously.

Especially since TOS fans hated on TNG so badly when it came out.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Captain
# 7
05-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Until I see the movie myself I won't take opinions on the internets seriously.
Thats true but after the first JJTrek i wont watch the second just not a fan of JJTrek but its good that there is JJTrek so a new generation can come to understand why us old geeks love trek so much

I actually liked both TNG and TOS and was one of the few who was excited when TNG was first announced and aired
Republic Veteran
# 8
05-06-2013, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by messahla View Post
Thats true but after the first JJTrek i wont watch the second just not a fan of JJTrek but its good that there is JJTrek so a new generation can come to understand why us old geeks love trek so much

I actually liked both TNG and TOS and was one of the few who was excited when TNG was first announced and aired
Yeah but there was a lot of crap about TNG from old trek fans, and if the internet would have been around it would have been pretty much how it is today with the New Trek.

I've loved Star Trek since I was 5 had no freaking Clue what it was about but dammit I loved Spock and Kirk, and as I grew and understood it more it got better, then TNG came out and I fell in love with Trek once again even when people like to blame Rick Bermen for some reason for killing Trek, even though he pretty much saved it, and kept it alive.

but at least Rick Berman is more appreciated now since the heat is now on JJ....Trekkies just need someone to yell at. So when JJ is long gone, and someone else comes and takes the Conn JJ will be awesome and that guy will be crap.

Commander
# 9
05-06-2013, 11:00 PM
It's like the Titan in Command n Conquer, frickn hated it when I first set my eyes on it. Game engines 'soft' feel didn't help much either. However over the years I grew to love it and it always reminds of Garak's observation on Federation root beer. In fact reminds me of a C&C cutscene I just saw on youtube from a recently cancelled game Arena, fight on Titan, fight on!
Lyndon Brewer: 20% chance to capture enemy ship for 60 seconds on successful use of boarding party.

cause sometimes its party time!

Last edited by lykum; 05-06-2013 at 11:03 PM. Reason: typo... again
Captain
# 10
05-06-2013, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Yeah but there was a lot of crap about TNG from old trek fans, and if the internet would have been around it would have been pretty much how it is today with the New Trek.

I've loved Star Trek since I was 5 had no freaking Clue what it was about but dammit I loved Spock and Kirk, and as I grew and understood it more it got better, then TNG came out and I fell in love with Trek once again even when people like to blame Rick Bermen for some reason for killing Trek, even though he pretty much saved it, and kept it alive.

but at least Rick Berman is more appreciated now since the heat is now on JJ....Trekkies just need someone to yell at. So when JJ is long gone, and someone else comes and takes the Conn JJ will be awesome and that guy will be crap.
I remeber taking alot of heat from my friends about liking TNG when it first aired things like "Your not a REAL trek fan" or "Thats not trek and your a fool for watching it" etc etc etc and etc.

After berman took full control of TNG it well went into the toilet he kinda killed it and i for one will not forgive berman for that.

But regardless i always tuned in iof for anything to see deanna troi in a tight jumpsuit....that was always worth the tune in lol

But though im not a JJ fan i think he has revitilised the franchise and has reintroduced it to a new audience and for that im gratefull trek should not die and im glad abrams did bring it back

Though i dont like JJTrek im glad its here and glad a new generation can enjoy trek as much as i have over the years