Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,394
# 41
05-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by messahla View Post
I think the ship in question is hideous and should be resigned to the scrap pile and left there to rot in the radiation of the sun.

With that said i wouldnt mind JJTrek ships ingame but the biggest issue is the whole parallel universe yadda yadda yadda khans magic blood etc etc etc.

If Jar jar Abrams wouldve made a sequel something to erase the bad taste of nemisis then it wouldve been ok but what he has done is made a mockery of the franchise.

with THAT said i am glad that there is JJTrek because it introduces a new generation to star trek that otherwise wouldve ignored the older trek as "My Fathers trek".


So even though i do not like the new trek i am glad its around for the younger generation so that trek wont die that it will live on
If it makes a mockery of the franchise, then why are you ok that the new generation of fans gravitate towards it? I mean combined with all that Twilight and True Blood they watch, certainly your hackles must be raised permanently?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,276
# 42
05-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Since Nero got his tattoo in Rura Penthe prison IN the past/alternate timeline, how then can it be part of the STO prime universe?
He tattooed himself and his crew before he went back in time. He already has them during his meeting with Captain Robau in ST09.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,394
# 43
05-07-2013, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
He tattooed himself and his crew before he went back in time. He already has them during his meeting with Captain Robau in ST09.
Are you sure? I thought like most cons, he got his tatts in prison?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,276
# 44
05-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Are you sure? I thought like most cons, he got his tatts in prison?
This is what he looked like when we first saw him: http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/...ro%2C_2258.jpg

And we saw him get his tattoos in the Countdown comics, which took place entirely in 2387.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,394
# 45
05-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
This is what he looked like when we first saw him: http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/...ro%2C_2258.jpg
So does he later get tattoo tears for all the kills he got on Vulcan at least?

(And apparently I got the ear thing mixed up with the tatt thing, but I did remember something happened to his appearance in prison. Least he didn't have kill someone with his tea cup like Riddick).
Rihannsu
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 105
# 46
05-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
So does he later get tattoo tears for all the kills he got on Vulcan at least?

(And apparently I got the ear thing mixed up with the tatt thing, but I did remember something happened to his appearance in prison. Least he didn't have kill someone with his tea cup like Riddick).
Thats it! We could have Riddick as nero he was just as Romulan and he killed with a tea cup-I like it!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,007
# 47
05-08-2013, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Since Nero got his tattoo in Rura Penthe prison IN the past/alternate timeline, how then can it be part of the STO prime universe?
Do you even know what you are asking? Cause I don't...

In fact, I never mentioned neither a Tattoo or Rura Penthe in my Post, so it seems to me that you (as usual) just try to debunk what I say.

You failed btw.

Also, If you havn't watched the movie itself, you really should'n comment.
Nero had the tattoo in the opening scenes, minutes after he emerged in the past.

Edit: And Since I already know that you will try to comment against that as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5BONJcookQ

Very visible at 5:53
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports

Last edited by anazonda; 05-08-2013 at 07:14 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 688
# 48
05-08-2013, 08:21 AM
Nero and his crew got the tattoos in the Countdown comic. It's a Romulan tradition to shave when grieving a loss, and draw on those marks. When they fade it's time to move on. Nero and his crew don't want to move on, so they went for the more permanent route.

As for including anything from JJ-verse in STO. Nah. Some of it is just reimagined TOS stuff, and a case can be made for it, but we can't have the original TOS stuff and the reimagined stuff side by side without raising some questions.

But especially no on the Vengeance. Cause it's butt-ugly and has bad fanscript written all over it. (Nuh-uh! My bad guy built a starfleet ship in total secrecy! And it's much bigger than all the other starfleet ships! And much more powerful! And it can go Warp 11! And when you gaze upon it, you feel a sense of awe. Because I say so, damnit! And he has spies and bombs everywhere! He's positively Magicavellian!)
Reave

Last edited by hrisvalar; 05-08-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,300
# 49
05-08-2013, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrisvalar View Post
But especially no on the Vengeance. Cause it's butt-ugly and has bad fanscript written all over it. (Nuh-uh! My bad guy built a starfleet ship in total secrecy! And it's much bigger than all the other starfleet ships! And much more powerful! And it can go Warp 11! And when you gaze upon it, you feel a sense of awe. Because I say so, damnit! And he has spies and bombs everywhere! He's positively Magicavellian!)
Quoted for truth.

Add to this the tried, overdone, anicent cliche of the Enterprise being the only ship around to deal with the big bad.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,394
# 50
05-08-2013, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Do you even know what you are asking?
Yes! I do. I bet you could figure it out if you re-read it? Go ahead. Give it a try!

Quote:
In fact, I never mentioned neither a Tattoo or Rura Penthe in my Post, so it seems to me that you (as usual) just try to debunk what I say.
I can't help it if you're so typically wrongheaded about Star Trek, JJ Abrams, and the whole shebang. That's on you my friend. That's all on you.

Quote:
Also, If you havn't watched the movie itself, you really should'n comment.
You think I haven't watched the movie? Really?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:58 AM.