Empire Veteran
Unbelievable. I've put a ton of money into this game, and I can't even enjoy 20 minutes of gameplay tonight without being disconnected. My internet is fine, no issues. I haven't had any disconnects with STO until today, and I've been playing the last 3-4 days. What is going on? Get your act together Cryptic. I was trying to run tour of the universe and your server disconnected me during a quantum slip stream activation. Really clutch. 5 Times in total that I was disconnected tonight.
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!

Last edited by knuhteb5; 05-07-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
05-07-2013, 08:24 PM
It's embarrassing. And they want to launch Legacy of Romulus in two weeks? Unless a miracle happens, this may end up being the worst content launch ever.

I want to be proven wrong Cryptic. Please sort out whatever network problems are plaguing your games.
@HyperLimited
Career Officer
# 3
05-07-2013, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
It's embarrassing. And they want to launch Legacy of Romulus in two weeks? Unless a miracle happens, this may end up being the worst content launch ever.

I want to be proven wrong Cryptic. Please sort out whatever network problems are plaguing your games.
^ this +1

I will not be shocked if we have alot of downtime, because does cryptic prepare "my view" no. We are 14 days away and they should of had open beta going to get more testers, testing the content to find more bugs. And Im just giving constructive feedback on what ive seen lately.

Lots of server downtime "since Neverwinter launched", disconnects with alot of people, lag constantly. One has to wonder what exactly are they doing, since me asking branflakes goes no where other then a vague responce.

Im hoping to be proven wrong, but.. will find out soon.

If i was them id be looken to purchasing eather new servers (if its the case) and transfering over all there stuff to it. Might be costly but itll be a very good thing for the game. Get open beta started now, to get more testers on there. Look at all the feedback, fix what must be fixed.
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx

Last edited by xlocutusofborgx; 05-07-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 4
05-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post

Yup, exactly. No way in Gre'thor are they going to be ready for the LOR release. These network issues should be fixed in the next 2 weeks asap or LOR will be a disaster.
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Lieutenant
# 5
05-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Welcome to the new climate of STO from now on. Pack as many games as possible onto overloaded servers and watch people scramble madly to get in 30mins of game time, just enough to make a ZEN purchase before being kicked of the server.
Lieutenant
# 6
05-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Am getting constant disconnects since yesterday as well. Happens roughly every 3-5 minutes. The game is barely playable as a result. Very disappointing considering I am a LTS.

Please do look into this Cryptic - it is affecting more than just a couple of players.
Lieutenant
# 7
05-08-2013, 01:32 PM
since nobody says what has to be said, I will...

Cryptic, GET YOUR **** TOGETHER!

boy boy boy, am I glad I never put a dime in this game. They are not deserving to get any money at all with their arrogant mentality...

Then why do you play the game you ask? Simple; its free to play (I never understood why someone would shell out 15bucks every month TO PLAY A ****ING GAME!) and I like StarTrek.

I do not, however, like the company that makes said game.

How is your new bmw or mercedes, cryptic???

This will get removed, i have this feeling...
Ensign
# 8
05-08-2013, 05:07 PM
I have not been playing this game long, ( my first forum's post to prove it. Bout week and a half) but I have noticed lots of down time. And a frustrating search for an explanation, or even a server monitor. Why would I need to download a program to check server status, and reason for an outage? Any of the web developers for this space could probably have a basic page that displays server status up and running in probably 15 min.

But now I digress.

Now I keep getting disconnected like you. If I had spent the money a lot of you had (which I most likely won't, seeing what everyone who plays has to deal with).

The disconnect happens every time when transitioning out of a map zone. The error is server stopped responding.

I also have no packet loss, (I ran a 30 min ping test to verify packet loss).
Here is a link to my internet speeds.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2696311116.png

Last edited by ravenbrime; 05-08-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Ensign
# 9
05-08-2013, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuhteb5 View Post
Unbelievable. I've put a ton of money into this game, and I can't even enjoy 20 minutes of gameplay tonight without being disconnected. My internet is fine, no issues. I haven't had any disconnects with STO until today, and I've been playing the last 3-4 days. What is going on? Get your act together Cryptic. I was trying to run tour of the universe and your server disconnected me during a quantum slip stream activation. Really clutch. 5 Times in total that I was disconnected tonight.
I too am getting server not responding over and over. I asked my fleet if they were experiencing this, and they said no. Not sure why, but this happened to me a few weeks ago as well. Same as above, my internet is fine.