Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #15
05-08-2013, 12:00 PM
Systems Designer Jeremy "BorticusCryptic" Randall shares details about Romulan Republic personnel in this entry of the Legacy of Romulus News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Rihannsu
# 2
05-08-2013, 12:11 PM
How to obtain Very Rare Romulan Bridge Officers:
That's what is kind of on my mind, likely so to get those unique subterfuge/operative traits. The story earned Boffs are mentioned, but how to obtain the rest of a desired lineup isn't as much.

Is the only way to obtain them and make a crew out of those to get to high levels and hope to be lucky in the offerings given at high level Boff handouts? Are we going to have to create additional Romulan characters to obtain those Very Rare Boffs for our chosen characters?
Career Officer
# 3
05-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Have more questions? Post them in the forum thread linked below and we?ll answer as many of them as we can.
Specifically:
Quote:
Are there any additional means of obtaining Bridge Officers?

[snip]

They may also manually recruit FED or KDF bridge crew by visiting the home port of their chosen ally.
Are those FED or KDF officers that are recruitable for ROM players able to use the ROM clothing options, or are they restricted to wearing FED / KDF clothing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by umaeko View Post
Is the only way to obtain them and make a crew out of those to get to high levels and hope to be lucky in the offerings given at high level Boff handouts? Are we going to have to create additional Romulan characters to obtain those Very Rare Boffs for our chosen characters?
They'll probably work like they do for other factions; you have duty officers assignments occasionally in which you're rewarded with an Uncommon, Rare or Very Rare Bridge Officer Reward. In the case of the Romulan Republic, it would likely be Romulan or Reman specific.
Captain
# 4
05-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Will Romulan Republic captains have access to the special 20 hour and 2 day recruitment assignments that award specific species duty officers? For example "Evaluate [Race] Bridge Officer Applicant" and "[CXP Category] Achievement: Bridge Officer". If yes, will Romulan captains be able to use these assignments to get rare and very rare Romulan and Reman bridge officers?
Captain
# 5
05-08-2013, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Upon choosing an ally, they will also be granted a random Bridge Officer to act as their liaison with their new ally (a Federation or Klingon Bridge Officer)
We can delete this guy if we want, right?
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Rihannsu
# 6
05-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Oh This is good news I thought that after level 10 I was going to have use fed or kdf doffs as majority-good all Romulan crew
Captain
# 7
05-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
Will Romulan Republic captains have access to the special 20 hour and 2 day recruitment assignments that award specific species duty officers? For example "Evaluate [Race] Bridge Officer Applicant" and "[CXP Category] Achievement: Bridge Officer". If yes, will Romulan captains be able to use these assignments to get rare and very rare Romulan and Reman bridge officers?
This, I am specficially interested if you can get a "Evaluate Romulan/Reman Bridge Officer" assignments via the duty officer system.

The point of having a Romulan Faction is to have a Romulan Crew. I see no reason to fill up my roster with various Federation species just so I can get all very Rare (and by extension the very rare traits) Bridge Officers.
Career Officer
# 8
05-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Question: If I have the Liberated Reman Bridge Officer available on the starter pack, will I be able to use it on FED and KDF characters as well? Or it is restricted to romulan characters? And the other way around. If I have a account-wide Liberated Human (from FED side), will my romulan character be able to use it after it ally with FED?
========================================
Pre-forum change name: Captain Wilhelm
Click here for a compilation of usefull tools and tutorials
Empire Veteran
# 9
05-08-2013, 12:54 PM
So far, my romulan toon was only able to train KDF boffs on Quonos, and Romulan boffs on NR. Is this by design, or a bug?
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Commander
# 10
05-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captwilhelm View Post
Question: If I have the Liberated Reman Bridge Officer available on the starter pack, will I be able to use it on FED and KDF characters as well? Or it is restricted to romulan characters? And the other way around. If I have a account-wide Liberated Human (from FED side), will my romulan character be able to use it after it ally with FED?
The Reman can only be used by Romulan faction characters where as the liberated Borg human/Klingon can also be used by the Romulan characters.

Not fair that they get access to our (federation/klingon) BOffs and DOffs but we don't get access to there BOffs and DOffs.