Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
# 51
05-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Quoted for truth.

Add to this the tried, overdone, anicent cliche of the Enterprise being the only ship around to deal with the big bad.
These are the voyages ... of the Starship Yorktown! It's continuing mission, to rejoin the fleet in the Laurentian system ... I don't know, just doesn't seem to work in terms of dramatic tension.
Survivor of Romulus
# 52
05-08-2013, 09:45 AM
If the Enteprise/Defiant/Voyager wasn't the only one to handle the dramatic events, you'd have a pretty short show.

Title Sequence...

Uhura: "Captain, we are receiving a distress call from Regula I. The USS Hard Rock Cafe is handling it."

Kirk: "Sweet, let's go have a beer."

...Roll Credits.

This is one of those tropes that you just have to go with on pretty much every level of fiction otherwise what's the excuse to have the book/tv show/movie/whatever at all?
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Career Officer
# 53
05-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
The Red Matter stuff is not originally from the movie, it's from the "Countdown" comics.
Just like the Nero's tattoo, just like "The Vault" and some other stuff.
Career Officer
# 54
05-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Since Nero got his tattoo in Rura Penthe prison IN the past/alternate timeline, how then can it be part of the STO prime universe?
Since all the Rura Penthe prison stuff was cut from the final theatrical version of the ST2009 film, obviously the crew did these themselves.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 55
05-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
Since all the Rura Penthe prison stuff was cut from the final theatrical version of the ST2009 film, obviously the crew did these themselves.
They already had them in the scene when they shoot up the Kelvin so yes, they did it themselves...but before they fell through the wormhole.
Survivor of Remus
# 56
05-08-2013, 12:01 PM
It actually doesn't look that much different from the Envoy variant of the Galaxy with a type 4 hull texture. Same ugly, awkward angles and bizarre aesthetic.
Captain
# 57
05-08-2013, 01:29 PM
I actually wouldn't mind an Abramsverse lockbox at some point, rewarding the JJprise for Fed players, the new D7 design for KDF, and a new T'Liss for Romulans. Lobi shuttle could be the Jellyfish. I know they'd have to negotiate some new contracts, but I'm sure JJ and co. would jump at the chance for more advertising.
Rihannsu
# 58
05-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrisvalar View Post
Nero and his crew got the tattoos in the Countdown comic. It's a Romulan tradition to shave when grieving a loss, and draw on those marks. When they fade it's time to move on. Nero and his crew don't want to move on, so they went for the more permanent route.
That countdown comic was one of the worst written pieces I have ever read for trek. JarJars movie is a mess without it-so its used to explain how all the sillyness of that movie comes about and it makes it worse.

Still stunned im expected to swallow how Neros mining vessel became borg enhanced -Sorry writer/writers -we are not that stupid.

The newly created "Romulan" tatts for the dead-A long lived species that in day to day life-conform to similar conservative appearance use tattoos to express loss? I mean the Romulans embrace emotion as a culture and identity-they have to shave heads to express this? Why are not military members just continuously bald -given the frequency of death in war?
Career Officer
# 59
05-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Sucks to be you then.

Oh and in the character creation area, you can use Nero's Face Tattoo as well.
hmm this red matter capacitor was in the prime timeline before the jjcrapverse alternative dimension, so really your scraping the barrel over some epeen crap. as for the device itself, i frankly dont care about it and then the tattoo, anyone can come up with a tattoo design...
T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW. Been around since Dec 2010 and LTS in Apr 2013.
Quote:
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- Charles Darwin.
Does he have a point on STO forums? makes you wonder, huh?
Captain
# 60
05-08-2013, 02:10 PM
I was hoping this thread was about Alice Eve in her undies.