Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Survivor of Romulus
# 61
05-08-2013, 01:18 PM
I actually like the Enterprise from the 2009 movie. The only thing I didn't care for was the ultra bright white that seemed to comprise the entire interior of the ship.

Like the nacelles of the Vengeance but that's about it, but then again with one the one screenshot of it, it's kind of hard to really get a feel for the entire ship so there may be other design aspects that are okay.
Captain
# 62
05-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorchaos View Post
hmm this red matter capacitor was in the prime timeline before the jjcrapverse alternative dimension, so really your scraping the barrel over some epeen crap. as for the device itself, i frankly dont care about it and then the tattoo, anyone can come up with a tattoo design...
It's from the movie. The movie you all hate. It is a key element to that film. The film you all hate. I'm not scraping the barrel of anything. Elements of Star Trek 2009 already exist in this game.

Oh yeah, and the Countdown Comic? It's to introduce the movie. It's all part of the JJ Abrams Star Trek 2009 movie saga. None of this is separate. This is all part of the JJ Abrams stuff you all hate.

It's like you're saying "I HATE Jar Jar Binks! SOOOO much! But Boss Nass was the one who exiled him for being bombad, so hey, Gungans are alright."

Please. You take a stand and say that you wouldn't play this game if JJ Abrams Star Trek stuff were put in the game? That red matter device has been in since launch. You shouldn't be playing this game if you are going to make that statement.

I get that some of you don't like the movie. But this puffery and hatred? It's all just your own epeen crap being smeared all over the forums. What a waste of your own time.
Starfleet Veteran
# 63
05-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrisvalar View Post
But especially no on the Vengeance. Cause it's butt-ugly and has bad fanscript written all over it. (Nuh-uh! My bad guy built a starfleet ship in total secrecy! And it's much bigger than all the other starfleet ships! And much more powerful! And it can go Warp 11! And when you gaze upon it, you feel a sense of awe. Because I say so, damnit! And he has spies and bombs everywhere! He's positively Magicavellian!)
Well when a Starfleet Admiral tells you to build something contrary to what some in the shipyard forums may think, chances are they build so they don't get reassigned to some backwater outpost on some crappy ice planet in the middle of nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Quoted for truth.

Add to this the tried, overdone, anicent cliche of the Enterprise being the only ship around to deal with the big bad.
Actually it looks like the Vengeance ambushes the Enterprise, since in the trailer its mentioned as approaching them.
Starfleet Veteran
# 64
05-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
It's from the movie. The movie you all hate. It is a key element to that film. The film you all hate. I'm not scraping the barrel of anything. Elements of Star Trek 2009 already exist in this game.

Oh yeah, and the Countdown Comic? It's to introduce the movie. It's all part of the JJ Abrams Star Trek 2009 movie saga. None of this is separate. This is all part of the JJ Abrams stuff you all hate.

It's like you're saying "I HATE Jar Jar Binks! SOOOO much! But Boss Nass was the one who exiled him for being bombad, so hey, Gungans are alright."

Please. You take a stand and say that you wouldn't play this game if JJ Abrams Star Trek stuff were put in the game? That red matter device has been in since launch. You shouldn't be playing this game if you are going to make that statement.

I get that some of you don't like the movie. But this puffery and hatred? It's all just your own epeen crap being smeared all over the forums. What a waste of your own time.
^This! 1Million Times!
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Lt. Commander
# 65
05-08-2013, 03:19 PM
I'm still staring at that image trying to figure out what's going on, but I can certainly tell the engineering hull looks awful.

Dn'Dok, son of Ladok - Klingon/Romulan Engineer ~~ Mosa M'ren-faa - Ferasan Tactical
Krushan Twinn - Orion Science
Survivor of Remus
# 66
05-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatmatt View Post
I'm still staring at that image trying to figure out what's going on, but I can certainly tell the engineering hull looks awful.
Given that it is an "intelligence cruiser" or somesuch, I imagine the angular, black hull is intended to be stealthy. I mean, it looks a like like an F-117 Nighthawk and the USS Enterprise had a space-baby.