Cryptic Studios Team
This thread will cover the episodes "Voice of the Voiceless" through "Devil's Choice". Please leave all bugs, feedback, comments, and concerns here.

This content is only available to players in the Legacy of Romulus Closed beta.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Devils choice needs an overhaul.

I manage to hold until the reinforcements get there. But then what? it seems as if there's no end to that mission.
Empire Veteran
# 3
05-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Yeah, Devils choice seems to be bugged and not ending, the battle jut goes one and one and one, with a few enemy ships warping in and getting blown up over and over without end.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Captain
# 4
05-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Abducted bugged for me, one of the Engineers refused to be rescued ... or kidnapped for that matter.

Also no save points? Meaning for some reason we have have to leave the game and its the entire ground section again?

As am at it, can you stop playing around with the map and the lights ... its not scary, its ANNOYING!
Former Star Trek Online Player

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 05-08-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Rihannsu
# 5
05-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Ran into the infinite ships bug, too. The destroyers just kept warping in over and over again to be destroyed. I tried pulling out of combat but that didn't work. Then I re-entered and tried again with the same result of endless enemies.
Captain
# 6
05-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Ah the Best Defense ... Either clarify you dont HAVE to be on a shuttle to enter the system or downright REMOVE any references to a shuttle.

Also tone down those walkers.
Former Star Trek Online Player

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 05-08-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Career Officer
# 7
05-08-2013, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
This thread will cover the episodes "Voice of the Voiceless" through "Devil's Choice". Please leave all bugs, feedback, comments, and concerns here.

This content is only available to players in the Legacy of Romulus Closed beta.
The Best Defense needs some serious work. Firstly, the missions states "you will need a shuttle for this", so I walk into the first half of the mission with a Shuttle, facing Frigates and Battleships. Clearly, you need to clean up the text and say "the second half of this mission requires that you own a shuttle".

As to the shuttle portion itself; Way too OP. The Squadrons handle the first wave pretty well, but they start dieing off on the second and third wave, shifting ever more fire to the player. On top of that, the Squadrons take to long to respwan, and don't respawn all at once, rather trickling in one squadron at a time (in order of which ever ones were wholly killed off first).

If a wave manages to migrate towards the squadron spawn point you're screwed; the wave will just pick off the squadrons as they spawn one by one. Sure the wave will eventually die off as the infinitely spawning squads manage to zerg the wave, but that's lame and long. If you even lose squadrons, you're in for a zerg fest as it's hard to not die with 20 guns pointed at you.

And speaking of Waves, I hate that you don't know in advance how many there are going to be. Once it turned into a Zerg Fest with wave 2 and 3, seeing Wave 4 pop up in the mission tracker, and then Wave 5 just told me that this will be an even longer mission that I have struggle/zerg through.

You should either limit it to 3 waves, or tone down the power of each individual wave.

Final Note: The invisible walls need to be higher up and horizontally farther from the city. I ran into the ceiling and could only get unstuck by reversing, and the lateral walls were unexpected as they didn't even extend past the east(? ; can't remember which side) side's pipe system.

Last edited by atatassault; 05-08-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Captain
# 8
05-09-2013, 01:40 AM
Yeah, the best defence is way too long and hard in a tiny, weak shuttle.

Also, a few bugs in the Devil's Choice :

1st try of the mission : When my team wiped, it respawned me further along the player's supposed patch...and the door behind me was locked, so I could not get back and finish the previous chambers.

2nd try : I killed all the incubators in the second incubation chamber, but it did not register, and I could not continue the mission.

3rd try: same as above, just at the 3rd chamber. I'm skipping the mission.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-09-2013, 02:15 AM
agreed on the shuttle part of best defense. It's kind of easy to get swamped there.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-09-2013, 03:49 AM
Also, the Elachi starbase level; for some reason I was reminded of the Original BSG series, especially the parts that dealt with Carillon.