Starfleet Veteran
# 11
05-08-2013, 05:05 PM
It's been brought to my attention that the powers Auxiliary to Inertial Dampeners and Auxiliary to Emergency Battery don't actually have a third rank, just ranks 1 and 2. Borticus has said that it's difficult to re-work existing power rankings, but since rank 3 versions of these powers don't actually exist, perhaps there's an easy solution here. Create new, less effective rank 1 versions of these abilities at Ensign and rename the existing powers to ranks 2 and 3, respectively.

Last edited by starboardnacelle; 05-08-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
05-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starboardnacelle View Post
It's been brought to my attention that the powers Auxiliary to Inertial Dampeners and Auxiliary to Emergency Battery don't actually have a third rank, just ranks 1 and 2. Borticus has said that it's difficult to re-work existing power rankings, but since rank 3 versions of these powers don't actually exist, perhaps there's an easy solution here. Create new, less effective rank 1 versions of these abilities at Ensign and rename the existing powers to ranks 2 and 3, respectively.
As I said, I'm pretty sure adding new powers has the same problems as changing which powers are available at which tier; from a technical standpoint, they're likely exactly the same thing, or very nearly so. You have to change everything related to that tier of bridge officer powers for that career - trainers, random bridge offer power selection, the bridge officers ability to hold those powers, etc. Renaming "Auxiliary to Inertial Dampeners I" to "Auxiliary to Inertial Dampeners II" would likely not be very hard, but adding the "new" AtD1 power would cause the problems Bort was referring to.