Lt. Commander
# 11
11-19-2009, 03:55 AM
If this game is not tightly melded to the Star Trek that Rodenberry wanted, and gets turned into some shooter clone I will be passing it up. I want as close to a true space simulation as it can be.

No matter how heavy the science is that you put into this game, its not going to be enough.

If you remember that simple statement and use it as a base to go by you will get close to what you need to actually have a Star Trek MMO that will flourish. More science/exploration/diplomacy with minimal ******** arcade shooter play.

Since I am not a fan of people that complain, then walk away without attempting to assist in providing solutions I'll toss out an idea here.

At the higher levels of game play advanced missions can be built that require multi-player participation to complete. These problem solving missions can be tweaked so that they can easily vary in difficulty. Such as, it would require specific types of ships with specific load outs to accomplish. Some could require rare material that is only available in remote sections of the galaxy. Take this even farther at times and these rare materials or equipment would require traveling through hostile regions of space. Take that up a notch for the even more elite missions and travel would be all but impossible without a serious guild or pug effort of a small/medium/large fleet of ships.

Cool huh?
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-19-2009, 08:53 AM
hey... way to go. more halo like is really better in this way.
Lt. Commander
# 13 =]
11-19-2009, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Producer Dan Stahl talked with ZAM about ground combat. Give the interview a read here.

Link to the news article.
nice one :-) topman
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Interesting article, especially considering it deals with some areas that we haven't learned too much about yet. The combat seems to be turning out slightly different than I'd imagined it, but I am really looking forward to some of the things mentioned in this article all the same.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-19-2009, 04:35 PM
big fan of an action/rpg meld for ground combat. I always thought something similar to KoTOR or the system rumored for ToR would be ideal. Can't wait to explore this in addition to space combat.