Commander
# 11
05-09-2013, 05:07 AM
seems like devs are suffering from battle of endor syndrome. big fight, and you're just one insignificant ship. I've seen this in a few missions now and The Best Defense was by far the worst ive come across. I don't mean this to be harsh but that was just way over the top. it started with oh sweet, to this is annoying, to holy hell is it over yet? my poor fire button is worn out =p
Career Officer
# 12
05-09-2013, 07:37 AM
The Best Defence felt a tad.. grindy.

Now I'm stuck on Devil's Choice - Cry Havoc.
----
Career Officer
# 13
05-09-2013, 08:44 AM
I completed Devil's Choice (well I think I did, I repulsed the Elachi Fleet, it said depart system) and it won't let me turn it in.
Captain
# 14
05-09-2013, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by threat21 View Post
seems like devs are suffering from battle of endor syndrome. big fight, and you're just one insignificant ship.
Yes, sure its not new but " Best Defense" is the worst, also they got the new habit of putting the player ship on front of a enemy Fleet that will just focus fire on us, a example of something done right is "A New Link" were we the fight is quite manageable but all Legacy of Romulus "fleet actions" are too many ships with the player ship being place in front so they all focus fire on it and the player dies.
Former Star Trek Online Player
Empire Veteran
# 15
05-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
I completed Devil's Choice (well I think I did, I repulsed the Elachi Fleet, it said depart system) and it won't let me turn it in.
I had the same problem, warping to the start of the mission, with the transwarp button in the mission tracker progressed the mission to the state where i could turn it in.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
05-09-2013, 10:09 AM
Devil's Choice -- I used the transwarp to New Romulus to reach there quicker than traveling through sector space (I mean why wouldn't you, it's an emergency right?) however you can only hand in the mission once completed back in the Alpha Centauri sector block.

Also, when I beamed aboard the Elachi ship earlier in the mission chain, I'm sure there was mention of rebreathers, due to the atmosphere inside the ship, in the mission text. However there didn't seem to be any available to me anywhere, if these aren't actual items I can acquire and equip, then perhaps all reference to them should be removed.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Empire Veteran
# 17
05-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Oh yes the rebreathers. No such items exist, which is sad. Star Trek V gives us rather good looking rebreathers visuals. Can we have them please?
A face equipment slot? Pretty please?

EVA suits works for now, and the funny thing is only you have to wear it, the boffs are fine as they are.
And later during the infiltration, all talk about the rebreathers is gone entirely.

[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Career Officer
# 18
05-09-2013, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
Devil's Choice -- I used the transwarp to New Romulus to reach there quicker than traveling through sector space (I mean why wouldn't you, it's an emergency right?) however you can only hand in the mission once completed back in the Alpha Centauri sector block.

Also, when I beamed aboard the Elachi ship earlier in the mission chain, I'm sure there was mention of rebreathers, due to the atmosphere inside the ship, in the mission text. However there didn't seem to be any available to me anywhere, if these aren't actual items I can acquire and equip, then perhaps all reference to them should be removed.
You have to be lucky have done some of the 60 dil open world missions on Nimbus to buy a pre owned EVA suit (only you need it though, the Boffs don't seem to be affected).
Cryptic Studios Team
# 19
05-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Devil's choice had a showstopper that prevented the player from completing the final portion. It resulted in endless waves of elachi spawning. That has been fixed and SHOULD be in the .3 build that is on tribble now. You should definitely jump into the romulan featured series and see the minor tweaks and updates we've made there.
Empire Veteran
# 20
05-09-2013, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
Devil's choice had a showstopper that prevented the player from completing the final portion. It resulted in endless waves of elachi spawning. That has been fixed and SHOULD be in the .3 build that is on tribble now. You should definitely jump into the romulan featured series and see the minor tweaks and updates we've made there.
Yes, it is fixed, but it has another issue, you have to return to the alpha centauri sector for the mission to actually finalize and be able to turn it in.