Lt. Commander
# 2121
05-08-2013, 11:25 PM
I've rarely seen TBR or GW used properly. It's not a concern in KASE, but for:

1) ISE - Save your GW for the group of nanite spheres - if everything goes as it should, you kill the transformer without too much trouble and clean the 2 regular spheres, then as the pack of nanites start moving, you need to GW the closest sphere and put on a Sensor scan - if all is well, you're done in 10-15 seconds.

2) CSE - I have lost count of how many times I've done a facepalm seeing TBRs shoving the stuff around or out of range exactly when I'm already in range and either with the FAE - have put GW+SS and activated CSV/TT/TS/APB or in my FHEC buffed up and positioning myself (the best way for me is to take them head-on - the waves of raptors and Neghs). My point here is - IF there is a powerhouse next to you (and these things are obvious, at least for me), use GW at the Raptor and Negh at each cube after their spawn to immobilize them, and do the same about the incoming waves after the first cube is down. USE TBR ONLY AS A FINAL OPTION (i.e. the spawns are 12-ish km. off the Kang and at least 2 of the 3 incomming ships are scratch free)...or in case your TBR can bite half of the hull of three Neghs (I've seen this just once so far and it was amazing). If you shove the thing around all the time, I certainly will not chase them all over the map.

All said, TBR is irreplaceable in No win and useful in Starbase Defense ( )
Commander
# 2122
05-09-2013, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theeishtmo View Post
Grav well + Sensor Scan adds up to a lot of extra damage on the transformer and brings it down faster, but only if the spheres aren't on their way. Better to stop them with warp plasma anyway, as that'll last longer.

I love using Grav well + Sensor Scan + Isometric on the transformer and the two spheres that warp in, causing a nice little ball of damage along with the general DPS needed to kill the transformer.
Agreed, I do this in my carrier, but it hurts to see it, when someone has already blown a gen early, and the GW could have saved the optional
Career Officer
# 2123
05-09-2013, 06:29 AM
My worst experience was also one of my best:

We started Vortex with a full group, one of the "uber leet" STF members rage due to people not listening to whatever he had to say. We continued to destroy probes and work on transformers but we just did not have the DPS to meet optional while being down one person.

The optional timer hits and all of a sudden the majority of the team rage quits: there is only 3 of us left with 2 transformers and 2 gates left. 2 of us take on probes while one finishes the gates. We had to play conservative.

We drop it all, start fighting donatra but find we do not have the DPS to kill her.

So we fought tooth and nail to the bitter end but we couldn't complete it due to rage quitters
Captain
# 2124
05-09-2013, 09:05 AM
Considering that Borg Red Alerts aren't STFs, I don't know if it would count...

But my worst experience - and unfortunately it's one that I keep encountering - is when everyone works well to take out the four Borg battle groups...

then the Unimatrix vessel shows up and I'm suddenly finding myself fighting it alone because everyone else is off shooting at the various Probes. (I'm guessing to work towards those 'Defender Of' accolades).

Annoys me because it means that I've essentially just wasted twenty minutes or so with nothing to show for it. Personally, I'm hoping Cryptic is serious when they talk about PvE events being changed to give rewards based on participation instead of completion...
Ensign
# 2125
05-09-2013, 10:24 AM
They could use the system system they use in Karrat (something like that), where you gain better reward as you participate. I go there sometimes to farm dilithium for my klingon character and once the klingon team complete the objectives I just see a message announcing it and don't get any gear at all. (Since i didn't help, it's fair)
Captain
# 2126
05-09-2013, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustofvh View Post
They could use the system system they use in Karrat (something like that), where you gain better reward as you participate. I go there sometimes to farm dilithium for my klingon character and once the klingon team complete the objectives I just see a message announcing it and don't get any gear at all. (Since i didn't help, it's fair)
You meant like instead of 10 Omega Marks/480 (or is it 940?) Dil for completion, something like 1 OM/50 Dil for each Battle Group, 2 OM/80 Dil for achieving all four battle groups, then 4 Omega Marks/200 Dil for defeating the Unimatrix vessel?

Yeah, I think I could live with something like that...
Career Officer
# 2127
05-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomagnus View Post
then the Unimatrix vessel shows up and I'm suddenly finding myself fighting it alone because everyone else is off shooting at the various Probes.
Could be worse: They could all be ignoring the Regeneration Probes.
Career Officer
# 2128
05-10-2013, 12:20 AM
Quote:

But my worst experience - and unfortunately it's one that I keep encountering - is when everyone works well to take out the four Borg battle groups...

then the Unimatrix vessel shows up and I'm suddenly finding myself fighting it alone because everyone else is off shooting at the various Probes. (I'm guessing to work towards those 'Defender Of' accolades).

Annoys me because it means that I've essentially just wasted twenty minutes or so with nothing to show for it. Personally, I'm hoping Cryptic is serious when they talk about PvE events being changed to give rewards based on participation instead of completion...
I rarely bother with HOSE. The Dev who thought that stupid Zerg-rush was a good idea should be forced to play it hourly for two days.

It is almost always a fail - you get past the initial cube group, along come the unimatrix ships and it all goes to hell. You focus on the unimatrix ships, the probes or spheres blindside you. You focus on the probes and spheres, the unimatrix ships blindside you.

As I said, nine times out of ten the mission ends with players quitting out of sheer frustration. I don't care what anyone says - it's a VERY poorly thought out mission.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Commander
# 2129
05-10-2013, 05:26 AM
Quote:

One time I had a bunch of people who kept switching sides....dont they know that shields protect hull? Why try to waste time with another facing...
Captain
# 2130
05-10-2013, 06:54 AM
And let's not forget the infamous 'Instant Death Invisible Plasma Ball' that the Unimatrix keeps launching and you can't see until your ship is hit and you're suddenly informed that you're dead... That Cryptic claimed to have fixed, yet still keeps getting encountered.

Only 'reason' - and it's a flimsy one at that - for the Borg RA is to get Omega Marks without having to go all the way to Defera...

*Looks around*

So, it would be safe to say that a decent number of us are in agreement that the Red Alerts need to be added to the list of things in the game that need work (and will probably never be gotten to)?