Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Career Officer
# 441
05-09-2013, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ef261 View Post
The next time there's a maintenance, can it PLEASE not be right when everyone in the UK is coming home from work, or school? -_-
It was UNsceduled. How difficult is that to understand?

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Commander
# 442
05-09-2013, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainleavitt View Post
I like to rub cocoa butter on my balls
MMmmm, Butterball.
Captain
# 443
05-09-2013, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by axellightning View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ef261 View Post
The next time there's a maintenance, can it PLEASE not be right when everyone in the UK is coming home from work, or school? -_-
I second this...
Which part of 'unscheduled/emergency' did you not get? You can't really control when emergencies happen.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Rihannsu
# 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by manfromearth82 View Post
THIS. Uk players are not 2nd class thanks very much...
Way i sees it is you folks have tea with your dinner, we have coffee with our breakfast. You read your newspapers and watch your TV, well so do we.. You all play STO and so do we, but none of us are playing right now.. No second class citizens here. We're all screwed out of valuable free time that we had hoped to spend relaxing with our favorite game..
Captain
# 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsck82 View Post
Yeah, seems someone forgot about DST, which started a month ago there... outdated as it is, I'm wondering if he's been early for work or school this last month...
Oh the arrogence of you weird ones. It's BST over here, now get that into your head or I will have to spank you
Career Officer
# 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunseahl View Post
The waiting 2000 years kind

the completely ignored in every episode kind

or the dying in every other episode kind?
No, a Rory McGrath.
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Commander
# 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
It was UNsceduled. How difficult is that to understand?
Its a conspiracy suuuure they saaay it's un-scheduled but we know better don't we?
Career Officer
# 448 Gravely concerned...still
05-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Bran...this is not good. As I discussed the communications person on FB (since the initial crashes were only being posted there) LoR is a tremendous undertaking. I, along with hordes of other real 1000+ day players and lifetime members such as myself are attempting to balance support with frustration and fear. With LoR coming, the issues going on are creating an image of complete instability. I know personal friends in game and IRL that are planning on returning to STO in 12 days for launch...I anticipate a lot of player returning to check out the new u/i, re-finished Drozana station, and of course the Romulan stuff...but it's been nearly daily now...combined we're talking at least 1.5 days of down time. The devs propagate fixes and then it all crashes or we have these emergency issues. It's player like us who try and keep things positive, remain supportive, and try and minimize the exodus of players that has been going on. Published or not, we all know the numbers are down...but even our patience gets worn thin. This makes it really difficult for us to stay positive and talk to players about why they should remain and not go back to WoW. I don't want what happened to CoH/CoV to happen here. None of us vested/invested players want that. So while you try and manage things, perhaps the week leading up to LoR's launch, you
Should announce an extended down time of 48 hours. Take everything down and make it right, actually fix the problems going on, be the GOTY that you are supposed to be, the GOTY you won for a reason. Players understand server problems but what's happened really had been quite ridiculous and unacceptable. There is still buzz all over the Internet and CNET about EA's disaster with Sim City's reboot, with even the games creator speaking out against EA and Maxis. This is not the sort of publicity STO/Cryptic/PW needs. You only get to launch something once...if you guys screw this up, we all suffer. Please try and remember that people talk crap because their frustrated, but these same people completely count on you guys and your ability to be stable...this is a great game, IMO, the best MMO created, and I don't want to lose something I am so personally invested in...a lot of hours have gone into gear and sets...prior to the F2P and Rep systems...please, just don't screw this launch up...we are all counting on this to bring the numbers back, to get large fleet and more tier 5 fleets and reduced load times for STF's because players are back and running events. Please do whatever it is you need to do to get this right.
Captain
# 449
I have been on the internet since 1996 or 97.

In that time I've been a lot of places and met a lot of people.

One of the few constants is that people from England usually can't read English.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Commander
# 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by daskippa View Post
Its a conspiracy suuuure they saaay it's un-scheduled but we know better don't we?
Someone should hack them and post the schedule for unscheduled maintenance. That would show 'em!
Closed Thread