Career Officer
# 21
05-09-2013, 01:29 PM
Yes!!! The D'deridix Retrofit is perfect! I want it!!!
Captain
# 22
05-09-2013, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngazman View Post
Tell me about it. I know i've already decided on an Engineer flying a D'Deridex Retro as my Romulan main, but I was in the mind to do a Reman Sci alt for the hell of it. Glad he'll have an end-game ship now ^_^
Seems as though romulan pvp will need to organise around the sci ship's cloak

1.) Sci ship calls cd on subnuke.
2.) All ships focus target while in BC.
3.) Sci debuffs
4.) Alpha from hell.
5.) Cloak and wait on CD.
6.) Repeat
Survivor of Romulus
# 23
05-09-2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciprianp1 View Post
Verry nice stats. Good for the ppl that will make a romulan char.
But any love left for fed or kdf? Or is all about rommies this time?
Legacy of ROMULUS should have been your first clue

KDF are getting two new lower tier BoPs though. Both with unique consoles.
Republic Veteran
# 24
Great to see the full stats, but I'm left feeling like I've been duped. I bought the starter pack, and now it seems that as a gold member I'll get the T'varo for free. Granted, I still get the Reman Boff, and a Tier1 ship costume (yes, yes, and the console) that I'll use for all of an hour...but really?!? This bit of info would have been nice to see prior to putting the pack out there. There's also the change for the T'varo from lvl40 to lvl50, which is a direct contradiction to when it was stated we'd get the ship. It all smacks of bait-n-switch.

Join our cause now!

Last edited by monsh; 05-09-2013 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Legacy of Romulus
Career Officer
# 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Seems as though romulan pvp will need to organise around the sci ship's cloak

1.) Sci ship calls cd on subnuke.
2.) All ships focus target while in BC.
3.) Sci debuffs
4.) Alpha from hell.
5.) Cloak and wait on CD.
6.) Repeat
Hrm interesting seeing as this is the first time we will have had a cloaking sci ship, does sensor analysis build up while cloaked?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Captain
# 26
05-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilion View Post
Yes!!! The D'deridix Retrofit is perfect! I want it!!!
Yes, for this and this only ... wait ... because of all the ships! I am very excited.

I hope that the Valdore looks as good as that. It's the best looking ship I have ever seen.
Empire Veteran
# 27
05-09-2013, 01:35 PM
interesting, sep console and the ship it comes with are gone.

cryptic, the guardian section has a turn rate of 10, twice as high as the d'deridex, yet the guardian is LARGER then the d'deridex. the station setup is pretty nice, but it deserves a beter turn rate, simply because of that guardian comparison. not to mention that there is NO canon example of a d'deridex not turning well. having a slower warp drive then a galaxy class is not an example of a turn rate problem
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
05-09-2013, 01:36 PM
Nevermind, should read.

@greendragoon
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 29
05-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsh View Post
Great to see the full stats, but I'm left feeling like I've been duped. I bought the starter pack, and now it seems that as a gold member I'll get the T'varo for free. Granted, I still get the Reman Boff, and a Tier1 ship costume (yes, yes, and the console) that I'll use for all of an hour...but really?!? This bit of info would have been nice to see prior to putting the pack out there. It smacks of bait-n-switch.
While you do get a VA ship token for being a Gold (LTS/ monthly sub) Member, that is a per character unlock, where as the Starter Pack grants you an account-wide unlock version of the ship -- this also would make you eligible for any Fleet Ship Modules discounts if you are looking to get the fleet version, where as the VA token (which can only be used once per character) does not gain you access to this.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 30
05-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
interesting, sep console and the ship it comes with are gone.

cryptic, the guardian section has a turn rate of 10, twice as high as the d'deridex, yet the guardian is LARGER then the d'deridex. the station setup is pretty nice, but it deserves a beter turn rate, simply because of that guardian comparison. not to mention that there is NO canon example of a d'deridex not turning well. having a slower warp drive then a galaxy class is not an example of a turn rate problem
+1 I agree that the D'Deridex should have at a minimum 9 inertia 15-20. Its more comparable to a Negh'Var.

Have not had the opportunity to fly it, but just looking at that design I pray that it does not suffer from the fateful issue the Qin Raptor had, compounded 10 fold by a 5.5 turn rate.

Just looking at the length of the hull and imagining the turn-to-target, raises my concern somewhat.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 05-09-2013 at 01:44 PM.