Captain
# 11
04-23-2013, 05:50 PM
The current in game model is okey.

But the original concept art is awesome!

Cryptic, please rething about giving the Valdore a more "concept art like" model.

Please, it may be the thing that will decice whenever I'll buy it or not
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Captain
# 12
05-09-2013, 02:49 PM
So, we've got a new pic of the Valdor in dev blog 16.

Maybe it's just the angle of the shot, maybe it's changes to the model, I don't know; but it does look a little better in this one.

The gun pods and nacelles appear closer to the concept art in the new pic. Some of the big issues (for me) remain though. The wing feathering (which looks like an after-thought), the huge shoulders (which make the hull look too skinny and the wings look saggy), and the design of the head (which looks like a bullet train wearing ice skates), do not appear any different.

Honestly, I kind of miss the angular and metallic leading edge to the wings too; they just shouldn't look that 'organic'.

Speaking of organic, is it just me or does it look like it's covered in alligator skin instead of armour? I guess I'll just take it on faith that not all of the available hull materials look like that for now.

Anyway, I renew my appeal to Cryptic's talented ship artists. Please bring that gorgeous concept to life; I've never been as excited about a ship as I was about that.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters